"like i said" "like i said

minesahartington

48 minutes ago, jono said:

I also feel sorry for him, and will give him a cheer if he ever comes here again. We all make mistakes 

But ... he was the club captain out and about with younger players. He did not lead by example as a captain should

Imagine if you are a delivery driver and lose your licence .. tough, you lose your job. You can’t expect your employer to pay you in those circumstances. 

If you are the same delivery driver and have a fight in a pub, get fined for disorder, you can still do your job. Your employer might baalock you but if you turn up for work sober and functional then that’s about it. 

Keogh suffered most financially because the consequences of his own actions made it so. It’s Lawrence and Bennett who have criminal convictions ( did Keogh get one too ? - I can’t remember ) 

I don't think he was treated unfairly. He was just very unlucky and the consequences were terrible for a mistake that loads of people make every day.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

I miss Keogh the player to be fair. He was a top class centre back at this level, both defensively and on the ball. Massively under appreciated by a section of our fan base because of a stupid error at Wembley (very similar to Roos in that respect). Replacing a player like him at this level was always going to be difficult, but I think we’ve managed it with Clarke. I think Te Weirik will work out as well, so I’m not too concerned about the CB position to be fair. 

Don’t miss Keogh the man though. That incident showed you all you need to know about him as a captain. I’m glad he’s gone, can’t be having “role models” like that around the young lads. If he returns to Pride Park, I for one won’t be giving him a nice reception. He lost my respect that night.

D'you think Rooney is acceptable as a role model then?

36 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Rooney hasn’t done anything to suggest otherwise whilst a Derby player

Oh I see - it's only if they're a Derby player. To hell with whatever they've done previously - that doesn't affect how they can be viewed as a role model then?

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

Oh I see - it's only if they're a Derby player. To hell with whatever they've done previously - that doesn't affect how they can be viewed as a role model then?

What Rooney did, he didn’t do in front of the young lads here at Derby. It’s been a few years now as well, you’ve got to move on at some point, given he’s not done anything since. Same with Keogh when he’s gone to MK Dons, no reason he can’t be seen as a good pro again there if he sorts his act out. But when he acted in the way he did, as captain, in front of supposedly a fair few of our young lads, there’s no way back for him here at least imo.

I do wish people could see people turn their lives around for the better and they try to make amends..... instead of all this good riddance etc.

Society in general I’m kinda aiming this comment I suppose. I hope he’s a success at MK and he can rebuild his football career.

2 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

I do wish people could see people turn their lives around for the better and they try to make amends..... instead of all this good riddance etc.

Society in general I’m kinda aiming this comment I suppose. I hope he’s a success at MK and he can rebuild his football career.

Yes that's fair. I would say RK has more than paid for his mistake. 

On 15/09/2020 at 21:21, minesahartington said:

Ok i will say it...I miss Richard Keogh

I miss his defence splitting passes, his mad "rio ferdinand style" forward surges, his ability to wrestle himself to the ground in tousles with strikers..and always get the decision..his exaggerated drop one shoulder telegraphed passing style and even his weird goggly eyes.

He gave everything for the Rams and was often criticised and never forgiven for that mistake. He also gave me great memories. His ball to Jack at Leeds....

Oh for a player with his passion now..seems so long ago

Yes he is one brick short of a full load and should have known better but thats not in hindsight gonna distort my memories

"let he who cats the first stone"

Now back in full training for the MK Dons i understand. Perhaps he will grace Pride Park again. If he ever does i will stand and applaud him and once again make that call...."keeeooo..keeeoooooo"

He was a Ram and how we need one now amongst the sheep

You mentioned Stone...... I suddenly lost interest in any football and for some reason had a vision of a police interview.....

On 16/09/2020 at 18:48, Mafiabob said:

I agree with you entirely that Keogh should be allowed to rebuild his career, and indeed wish him all the luck in the world. Having said that, I also think that the club were right to sack him. I never once even thought "good riddance", just that as a business (and football is a business) there was no way that the club should pay him his full wage whilst out injured. I have no idea if the numbers bandied about were true, but any amount the club offered was surely more than the dole. For me he should have swallowed his pride and accepted the offer. Thanks for your efforts for the cause over the years Richard, and I wish you success in you new club.

Archived