Max Lowe & Malone comments

NottsRammy

45 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Malone that is standard stuff from a player who is not in the first team picture . Lowe he has had one training session ?? How can you judge things on that . Don't think that you can make any conclusions from those comments.

I completely agree about not taking any notice, especially Lowe. He had one training session, during pre season. Championship clubs face more games in a condensed space. Especially this season. Everyone's pre season training is different. Some prep their players to enter match 1 fully fit and ready, but the players start to lag in the final third of the season. Others do they opposite. 

This has been a strange almost half a year for football and footballers. A very short break between the end of last season and the beginning of this. It's something alien to most. Different managers taking different approaches. No one has any idea if a tough pre season training or a light pre season is what is best for the upcoming campaign. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Something isnt quite right at this club , sounds to me like not enough togetherness amongst players , and if you dont have that it wont matter who we sign . 

Also worth mentioning that Malone and Lowe haven't said anything on their social media regarding Derby. No goodbye, no nothing. Not saying they have to but usually players do.

I believe the fitness levels of the club have been questioned which led to Shinner getting the fitness job. Chris Wilder puts emphasis on intensity. I noted in the friendly we played that their players were always quick to put in a tackle and worked hard. Cocu prefers a technical approach, perhaps not putting too much emphasis on the intensity, but we do need to improve our fitness levels across the board. The one complaint that seems to be consistent amongst everyone is that we're very passive at times. We definitely lack intensity. 

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I believe the fitness levels of the club have been questioned which led to Shinner getting the fitness job. Chris Wilder puts emphasis on intensity. I noted in the friendly we played that their players were always quick to put in a tackle and worked hard. Cocu prefers a technical approach, perhaps not putting too much emphasis on the intensity, but we do need to improve our fitness levels across the board. The one complaint that seems to be consistent amongst everyone is that we're very passive at times. We definitely lack intensity. 

Chris van der Weerden specifically stated in his Rams TV interview that they are focusing on upping the fitness levels of the players after their experience last season and witnessing the intensity with the top teams such as Leeds, Fulham & Brentford played at.

As for Lowe & Malone comments... meh... people spend far too much time these days trying to find things to witter about.

No great surprise from Malone who had drifted out of the first team picture completely and hadn't had a happy few months. Sure, he made a really good contribution in some excellent attacking displays like away at West Brom but defensively was always suspect and I seem to remember that he got involved in a bit of chirping with fans over some indifferent performances. Was hardly likely to turn on the waterworks at the prospect of leaving.

Lowe's comment just seems to be standard 'big up your new club' stuff. To be fair, looking at recent displays we don't seem to have a great deal of intensity about our play at the moment and Sheff Utd very much epitomise that style so it might well be something noticeable at a new club.

4 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Chris van der Weerden specifically stated in his Rams TV interview that they are focusing on upping the fitness levels of the players after their experience last season and witnessing the intensity with the top teams such as Leeds, Fulham & Brentford played at.

As for Lowe & Malone comments... meh... people spend far too much time these days trying to find things to witter about.

I thought that was the case. It makes sense. 

Sheffield United could definitely run Fulham and Brentford into the ground, perhaps even so with Leeds. It's no surprise that they ended up going up over Leeds when they did. They've got a great system and play with such a high intensity that you forget that they're still knocking about with players that didn't look out of place in League One. 

19 minutes ago, David said:

Just found the interview with Lowe, when it switches to Bogle and questioned on training, he spoke about the intensity. 

Can’t believe this has been picked up on as a chip on his shoulder.

All a load of fuss over nothing. From that brief interview I didn’t pick up any evidence of chips on shoulders or criticism of Derby.

Just two young players trying, understandably, to say the right things and ingratiate themselves with the supporters of their new club.

Nothing to see here, move on.

Never rated either of them,in fact never rated any of our full backs here for a very long time.

None of them consistently do the main jobs that full backs are supposed to do.

None of them consistently stop crosses into the box from the main danger area or stop runs into the box from those areas. All of them play too narrow most of the time leaving huge gaps down the wing.

Only Bogle offered much of a threat going forward on a consistant basis, and he was a liability most of the time defensively (although to be fair to him he's only a lad so he might improve that aspect with experience)

Lowe, like a few players never seemed to enjoy playing latterly. Call it whatever you will but the players seem to be struggling with the way they are being asked to play and there seem to be very few smiles on match day. In my opinion, there is a lack of “togetherness” on the pitch. We look far from a team fighting for each other 

2 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

No one worried about their recent comments ??.

Malone ..........Basically said after he went that he couldnt wait blah blah blah which you expect but the nugget he did drop was the atmosphere in the dressing room around club was alot better . I cant quote this but i know i did read it . 

Lowe ...........The levels are way above in training on what he has been doing , if that isnt disrespecting the club he has come from i dont know what is . Sounds like a young man with a chip on his shoulder much like the " BURN " comment from Mason Bennett . All of these are not comments you expect from players .Something isnt quite right at this club , sounds to me like not enough togetherness amongst players , and if you dont have that it wont matter who we sign . 

Just listened to an interview Malone did (don’t know if it’s the same one you’ve heard) but, nothing to worry about from what I heard:

Great bunch of lads, great fans, great atmosphere in the dressing room (he makes reference to being able to hear it when they won at Derby but, maybe they were just high after a good/big win for them).

As with Lowe and Bogle, just trying to make all the right noises that the fans of his new club want to hear.

I’ve always thought it’s well known that fitness levels are higher in the premier league & therefore the training is how that’s achieved. I saw a footballer congratulate one of the pair/both saying the hard work is just starting.

i wish Max & Jayden all the very best, it’s a great reflection on our academy set up too, dare I say well done Darren Wassal ? 

let’s not start the chip on the shoulder rhetoric up again

Personally i view it to be alot more than endearing themselves to a new club its more than that if you ask me sounds like the 3 i have mentioned have a chip on their shoulder and are quite bitter .

Personally I think you're looking for an angle that simply isn't there.  1000's of footballers, having moved clubs say pretty much the same kinda thing all the time.  What do you expect them to say "I'm not impressed with the facilities to be honest.  The showers were a lot better at Derby.  I've only been here a couple of days and I already want to slap the new dinner lady in the tuppence as she's annoying as duck!"  Yeah, that'll get the new supporters onside ?

Granted Malone is probably bitter, cus he can't quite comprehend the fact a veteran with two dodgy knees, and two academy graduates were ahead of him in the pecking order, but he's missing the fact he's poo...

To be honest how much difference can training be from a prem club to a champ club , surely there cant be that much difference at all .Its just that they prob do something different to what there use to . If its that much different then there is deffo something wrong with the management .

Surely i would have thought there just as equally trained in either league as yes its better standard of player in prem overall but dont forget champ clubs play more match's .

Compare a regular training session of Leeds or Liverpool to ours and I think you'd find the intensity & methods are massively different.

1 hour ago, JfR said:

Could be worse. Didn't Ben Osborn say that he couldn't wait to start playing for a "bigger club" when he moved to Sheffield United? I'm sure I remember some of the Red Dogs not appreciating that one.

Dug up the quote
Image.png.0c966a957411f608fdf2b14cba0d25ed.png

Archived