Max Lowe & Malone comments

NottsRammy

No one worried about their recent comments ??.

Malone ..........Basically said after he went that he couldnt wait blah blah blah which you expect but the nugget he did drop was the atmosphere in the dressing room around club was alot better . I cant quote this but i know i did read it . 

Lowe ...........The levels are way above in training on what he has been doing , if that isnt disrespecting the club he has come from i dont know what is . Sounds like a young man with a chip on his shoulder much like the " BURN " comment from Mason Bennett . All of these are not comments you expect from players .Something isnt quite right at this club , sounds to me like not enough togetherness amongst players , and if you dont have that it wont matter who we sign . 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Malone ..........Basically said after he went that he couldnt wait blah blah blah which you expect but the nugget he did drop was the atmosphere in the dressing room around club was alot better . I cant quote this but i know i did read it . 

Lowe ...........The levels are way above in training on what he has been doing , if that isnt disrespecting the club he has come from i dont know what is . Sounds like a young man with a chip on his shoulder much like the " BURN " comment from Mason Bennett . All of these are not comments you expect from players .Something isnt quite right at this club , sounds to me like not enough togetherness amongst players , and if you dont have that it wont matter who we sign . 

Are you surprised the players may be a bit downbeat with the EFL's charges hanging over the club for such a long time?

It's normal for a player to move to a new club and say "wow, this club is amazing" even when they leave Chelsea for Leyton Orient.

2 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Malone that is standard stuff from a player who is not in the first team picture . Lowe he has had one training session ?? How can you judge things on that . Don't think that you can make any conclusions from those comments.

I wouldn't read too much into it. They're hollow soundbites from players trying to "get over" at their new clubs who obviously aren't confident enough to do that on ability alone. I'm sure if you looked at interviews with our signings over the last few years they'll have said things that could be deemed as disrespectful to their previous employers.

To be honest how much difference can training be from a prem club to a champ club , surely there cant be that much difference at all .Its just that they prob do something different to what there use to . If its that much different then there is deffo something wrong with the management .

Surely i would have thought there just as equally trained in either league as yes its better standard of player in prem overall but dont forget champ clubs play more match's .

19 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Sounds like a young man with a chip on his shoulder much like the " BURN " comment from Mason Bennett .

Private joke is now a chip on his shoulder ?, and not to piss on your chips but...

14 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Is it a total shock that the levels of a top 10 Premier League team training session are higher than one of a top 10 Championship side? 

Not really. Not when you look at the intensity they play at. Similar to Leeds.

21 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Calm down Craig

16 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Malone is just sour grapes after being left in the cold and Lowe is just comparing a top 10 Premier club to a championship team, pains to say but sheff utd are a better team, but see ya to both ??

...agree, but maybe the level of training helps to make them a better team..?

I always got the impression Malone was one of the bigger characters in the dressing room, so perhaps a little introspection would be needed if the atmosphere was bad, but probably just endearing himself to his new club as best he can.

Lowe just making a standard comment, the training is bound to be levels above because they’re a top half Premier League club, with a manager who is notoriously hardline and no nonsense, and again is something he is going to say whether it’s true or not!

41 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Nah

Malone is obviously someone who values 'banter' in the dressing room more than professionalism - Which is why he probably enjoyed his time under Lampard more - Obviously the guy had a 'matey matey' relationship with the players - Cocu is a professional manager with some distance from his playing days and will expect that level of professionalism from his players

Lowe will be talking about intensity - Sheff Utd play mostly high intensity, pressing football which means you need to push players much harder in training - They also have a system which everyone there understands and can play to already which means they can focus more on the fitness side - Cocu has been trying to teach our squad a whole new way of playing and thinking than they're used to with group-pressing, position switching and working group, horizontal switching patterns - That means you need to do a lot more positioning work, a lot more about the runs to make and the places to be for passes, how to coordinate with your team mates and understanding - That's going to be less intense physically but more demanding mentally

Also bear in mind these guys are paid to play not talk - They won't always use the exact right language and sometimes might say things they don't exactly mean or come off a different way than they intended

Archived