v Barrow (H) Match Thread

Day

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our attacking players need to surface from their break otherwise this could be embarrassing - given no Marshall and Knight and Rooney due to internationals and socceraid (and no Beilik and no magnificent 7) - but presuming Holmes/Lawrence/Waghorn fit: 

Roos

Bogle Mtw Clarke Lowe

Bird, Shinnie

Holmes Sibley Lawrence 

Waghorn

subs Ravas, Wisdom, Buchanan/Forsyth, Marriott, Evans and a couple of youngsters - Ebosele and Ibrahim ? 

20 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Marshall and Knight away on international duty - I don’t think we have any others. 
Too soon to include Lawrence, Holmes and Waghorn, even if they are training.  Bogle and Sibley seem to have little niggles so may miss out on the starting lineup. 
Rooney will be busy preparing for Soccer Aid.

Ravas
Wisdom   te Wierik   Clarke   Buchanan
Bird   Shinnie
Whittaker   Ibrahim   Shonibare
Trialist

Subs: Roos, Bogle, Davies, Forsyth, Lowe, JBrown, Sibley, Jozefzoon, Marriott

If be quite happy with this, competitive game to blood some youngsters and if we lose so what? It’s only the league cup.

15 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

If be quite happy with this, competitive game to blood some youngsters and if we lose so what? It’s only the league cup.

But, what about the barrow load of cash we'll miss out on, for progressing to the next round? 

Just now, Rampant said:

Can someone post a definite list of players unavailable/injured for this one please? I can then post the team I'd like to see and compare it to the completely different ones everybody else picks.

nobody knows who is fit or not really, Waghorn is 50/50 probably, Lawrence has a very low chance of playing and Sibley may or may not be fit.

19 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

nobody knows who is fit or not really, Waghorn is 50/50 probably, Lawrence has a very low chance of playing and Sibley may or may not be fit.

Cheers. I'll include Waggy & Sibaldinho and hope they're good to go.

*****************ROOS*****************

BOGBOG****DUTCH***CLARKE****LOWE

****************BIRD*******************

*******HOLMES*******SHINNIE*********

****************SIBLEY*****************

*******WAGHORN*******MARRIOTT*****

Ravas / Wisdom / Buchanan / Evans / Ibrahim / Whitaker / Hector-Ingram

(Assuming we're missing Marshall, Rooney, Knight and Lawrence) 

* back to seven subs now isn't it?

** we have two Browns (A & J).....what are their positions?

43 minutes ago, Rampant said:

** we have two Browns (A & J).....what are their positions?

Archie has been the #11 in a lot of the u23 pre-season highlights, which is consistent with where I think he'll end up, as left sided player in a mobile front three.

Jordan has progressed from full back to CDM but is highly versatile.

Both seem to have grown in height (and bulk) over the past eighteen months.  I expect Jordan to be closer to the first team squad this season.  Archie has everything to succeed.  For me he needs to take note of how Sibley forced his way into the first team after being apparently nowhere near (the wrong side of the Atlantic in fact) the squad in pre-season this time last year.

Of course @angieram, is the person to get the definitive view on youth players.

Archived