v Barrow (H) Match Thread

David

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, SKHunter said:

Are we having the predictions thread this time does anybody know?  Love how it reminds me how cr@p I am at predicting the results and it helps to keep me away from the bookies.  ?

I think @mozza put out a request for someone else to take on the running of it this year. Given the amount out time that's gone into it, I think that's a reasonable request. If no one steps up then I'm guessing it won't happen. 

Kid at Xmas Eve feeling, wasn't around for the glory days so I'm yet to reach that miserable age where everything and everyone are toss compared to the good old days.

Start of the new season and no idea how Barrow are going to approach the game so no pre ugh they'll park the bus like Forest concerns. Injuries aside we should have more than enough to get through the game.

Really hoping this is the year Marriott makes his mark, we've seen glimpses of what he can do and why we spent the money we did, it's just that fitness issue thats plagued the start of his Derby career, looking at pictures of him pre season he has kept himself in shape whilst not playing.

38 minutes ago, David said:

Kid at Xmas Eve feeling, wasn't around for the glory days so I'm yet to reach that miserable age where everything and everyone are toss compared to the good old days.

Start of the new season and no idea how Barrow are going to approach the game so no pre ugh they'll park the bus like Forest concerns. Injuries aside we should have more than enough to get through the game.

Really hoping this is the year Marriott makes his mark, we've seen glimpses of what he can do and why we spent the money we did, it's just that fitness issue thats plagued the start of his Derby career, looking at pictures of him pre season he has kept himself in shape whilst not playing.

I find this post, particularly from a mod, to be quite offensive.

I started supporting the Rams in 68, was young but did live through the "glory days".

Nevertheless, I am just as excited - as always - about the new season.

I'll be even more excited if we can bring in a couple of creative players. I'm massively excited by the potential of Sibley and I have been saying for ages that I think Marriott is the best natural finisher we've had since Davison and Saunders (or, paraphrased for you, "for a long time").

You should also know that I am Cocu's biggest fan.

The play off semi at Leeds is one of my favourite games of all time and still gave me goosebumps when replayed only the other day.

Even now, I'm checking every forum post to see if Kamil will sign.

You should know that there is nothing wrong with having happy memories of past times, football related or not. That does not mean that you cannot also enjoy the present.

Show a tad more respect.

COYR ?

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

I started supporting the Rams in 68, was young but did live through the "glory days".

I'll be even more excited if we can bring in a couple of creative players. I'm massively excited by the potential of Sibley and I have been saying for ages that I think Marriott is the best natural finisher we've had since Davison and Saunders (or, paraphrased for you, "for a long time").

The play off semi at Leeds is one of my favourite games of all time and still gave me goosebumps when replayed only the other day.

You should know that there is nothing wrong with having happy memories of past times, football related or not. That does not mean that you cannot also enjoy the present.

Show a tad more respect.

COYR ?

How on earth could you find that offensive? ?

We have a number of grumpy shall I say fans that have recently called players toss, claimed to have little interest in football, not what it used to be, not had a decent striker since Bobby Davidson and all that.

It can be very doom and gloom at times so wanted to go against the grain and voice my excitement for the season even if we have to watch from home. 

If you honestly find that post offensive I'm not sure what to say!

20 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Show a tad more respect.

COYR ?

I think this forum just peaked. 

1 hour ago, David said:

Reported.

1 hour ago, David said:

ageist pig

38 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Show a tad more respect.

COYR ?

I thought finding silly things offensive was a millennial thing... clearly not ? quite how you find this offensive is baffling!

(sorry if my post questioning you being offended offends you) 

40 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Show a tad more respect.

COYR ?

With all due respect, get a grip

20 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Here's a tip: Generally, it's better not to generalise.

I accept I may have gone OTT but I do think a mod should not be attacking "shall I say fans".

I don't feel like I have attacked anyone personally to be honest, and my position on the forum should not prevent me from voicing my opinions, as a moderator my opinions hold no more weight than yours or any other member, the role simply gives me the tools to enforce the terms of use.

If I had mentioned you by name I could understand, but clearly from your post I wasn't referring to you personally in any way so to be offended I did find a little bizarre. 

Like it or not, even if it it is generalising, older fans that were around for the days of Hector, McFarland and co are less likely to be excited by the current crop of players which is understandable and one day I will be one of those miserable old fans reminiscing over the Jim Smith days. It is what it is, but right now as of tonight, I still feel like a kid at Xmas ahead of the new season which does go somewhat against the grain right now on this forum.

4 minutes ago, David said:

I don't feel like I have attacked anyone personally to be honest, and my position on the forum should not prevent me from voicing my opinions, as a moderator my opinions hold no more weight than yours or any other member, the role simply gives me the tools to enforce the terms of use.

If I had mentioned you by name I could understand, but clearly from your post I wasn't referring to you personally in any way so to be offended I did find a little bizarre. 

Like it or not, even if it it is generalising, older fans that were around for the days of Hector, McFarland and co are less likely to be excited by the current crop of players which is understandable and one day I will be one of those miserable old fans reminiscing over the Jim Smith days. It is what it is, but right now as of tonight, I still feel like a kid at Xmas ahead of the new season which does go somewhat against the grain right now.

Ok, as I have said, I went over the top in my reaction.

I do think you generalized but, anyway, what I was trying to say was that - regardless of my age - I, like many others of similar vintage, are also looking forward to the new season and am excited by this generation of players. ?

2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Show a tad more respect.

COYR ?

"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ducking what."

Archived