Carabao Cup Round 1 v Barrow

Day

Just now, SaintRam said:

?

In seriousness we should open the stadium to just Barrow's allotment of fans - I'm sure they'd be able to socially distance around the ground. 

I worry it'll be a bit pre-season friendly-y as it is. 

Is this fixture still planned for the 5 Sep? I reckon we will field a pretty strong team and use it as our final warm up game.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, BarrowRam said:

Shame John Rooney isn’t still at Barrow. Would of been interesting him against Wayne.

Yeah, last season they had John Rooney playing & ex Ram Ian Evatt managing them. I was talking to Evatt pre lockdown in my local gym (he still lives in Chesterfield where he played for a few years) He has since moved on to Bolton, but was telling me they (Barrow) had a very exciting side who liked to play football. I reckon this tie will be tricky.

33 minutes ago, Roboram said:

Yeah, last season they had John Rooney playing & ex Ram Ian Evatt managing them. I was talking to Evatt pre lockdown in my local gym (he still lives in Chesterfield where he played for a few years) He has since moved on to Bolton, but was telling me they (Barrow) had a very exciting side who liked to play football. I reckon this tie will be tricky.

Is he now Bolton manager? 

52 minutes ago, Jram said:

Without gate receipts, the trip down to Pride Park will probably bankrupt Barrow 

Is this a joke? They managed to find their way to teams across the National League. 

I hope it is televised so they get some additional revenue. It's a romantic tie.

They last played each other two months before I was born. Which was very long time ago.

Archived