Carabao Cup Round 1 v Barrow

David

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Carabao Cup: Norwich City face Luton Town as Wayne Rooney's Derby host Barrow...

..."Of the opening round ties, Barrow's trip to Pride Park to take on the Phillip Cocu-managed, Rooney-led Rams is the standout fixture."

That'll be the Rooney-containing Rams when Bird gets announced as the new full-time captain ?

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Is this a joke? They managed to find their way to teams across the National League. 

I hope it is televised so they get some additional revenue. It's a romantic tie.

They last played each other two months before I was born. Which was very long time ago.

21 years isn’t long @angieram ?

12 hours ago, Coconut said:

Barrow? Barrow? I didn't even know they had a team!

Wheelie good draw for them

We have played them only 4 times before. All in Division 3 North. Twice in 1956 won both games 2-1 and the following season we drew both games 2-2 and the other 3-3 on the 12th January 1957 at the Baseball Ground. Ray Straw scored one of our goals in that match and finished the season on 37, making him the top goalscorer in the division. Barrow finished that season in a respectful 10th whilst the Rams went on to win the title and gain promotion to the 2nd division (now known as the Championship).

Archived