Max Bird - Players' Player of the Season

angieram

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, angieram said:

That’s amazing - to have been voted by your teammates (who could have picked England’s top goal scorer or any of our senior players) is massive.

Anything voted for by fans or the club is a little weak in comparison.

48 minutes ago, David said:

As Owen Bradley tweeted, this is the one that means more, recognition from your team mates is some going for the lad. One of the first names on the team sheet now 

Rubbish...he will be crying into his cornflakes when he sees himself in third place in the DCFC Fans poll.

This is huge for Bird. I'm bigger on Sibley, but when the players talk about Bird it makes me think that there is a even bigger breakout on the horizon. Rooney said he would play for England in the not too distant future - when you consider the players he's played with and therefore comparisons he's able to cast then it does make you sit up and take note. 

He's had a tough time off the field in the past year or so, too, let's not forget. I'm delighted for him. 

10 minutes ago, sage said:

Rubbish...he will be crying into his cornflakes when he sees himself in third place in the DCFC Fans poll.

Players player means more, DCFCFans player means all.

I heard from an ITK source that being DCFCFans POTS was one accolade Rooney wanted before he retired. If we don't vote for him he might walk.....

29 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

This is huge for Bird. I'm bigger on Sibley, but when the players talk about Bird it makes me think that there is a even bigger breakout on the horizon. Rooney said he would play for England in the not too distant future - when you consider the players he's played with and therefore comparisons he's able to cast then it does make you sit up and take note. 

He's had a tough time off the field in the past year or so, too, let's not forget. I'm delighted for him. 

Is that right that Rooney sai Bird will play for England one day?

I hadnt seen that; but that is some statement.

56 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Players player means more, DCFCFans player means all.

I heard from an ITK source that being DCFCFans POTS was one accolade Rooney wanted before he retired. If we don't vote for him he might walk.....

He started doing that the last 5 games.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Absolutely; brilliant that Max bounced back from the loss of his father. Very proud of this young man. 

Archived