I would never...

Chester40

...get behind.....?? 

Is there anything you just wouldn't support regardless? 

We have had Schteve back after his 'fraternitisation', a betting company on the shirt, Robbie Savage as captain, countless ex Forest players inc ('Derby bad-mouthing' ) Paterson, agreed to accept investment from a variety of people who in hindsight could have been debatable, and supported Bennett and Lawrence after their fiasco.... 

Is there anything that is a step too far? Where you would refuse to attend matches (when allowed)..

Billy Davies...? Reading the transfer speculation..buying Lee Camp, Keogh, selling off all the youngsters?? 

Bearing in mind the ongoing financial dealings, any ground-sharing would be a massive issue for me. Changing the shirt colour...the team name... Pretty much anything else I would take to be successful. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

Signing an ex prisoner released with a shady past ie Adam Johnson esqe

even worse having the club bought by someone like the oystons

Possibly.

It's hard to say until it happens, but there will a point for most where it's too much. Oystons at Blackpool etc.

I just hope DCFC never do anything to test me that way. A lot of the things mentioned are more issues with the sport as a whole (e.g. gambling, shady investors, morally questionable sources of funding).

I can’t think of a single thing that would stop me from going to matches other than my own infirmity - I’ve watched us under Maxwell and the amigos, managed by Docherty and Billy, seen Mick Coop wear the shirt on more than one occasion and seen us go through a whole season in which our sole purpose was to improve the opposition’s goal difference. 
Fortunately I’ve also seen us win two league championships at a time when they meant something, European success at a time when it was novel and exciting, various other trophies and promotions, Charlie George and other genuinely world class, good and OK players and managers and at least two owners who have spent their personal fortunes doing their very best to make me and thousands of others happy.

Every organisation and every human is imperfect, has better days and worse days but nothing to stop me going to watch my team.

10 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Fortunately I’ve also seen us win two league championships at a time when they meant something, European success at a time when it was novel and exciting, various other trophies and promotions, Charlie George and other genuinely world class, good and OK players and managers and at least two owners who have spent their personal fortunes doing their very best to make me and thousands of others happy.

Every organisation and every human is imperfect, has better days and worse days but nothing to stop me going to watch my team.

Those were the days when you could go to a home game to watch the Champions of England, then get half their autographs at the dog track the same evening. Dave Mackay was a regular.

Happy days, (sorry to hijack the thread).

Am sure that there are plenty of things which could happen at a football club which a supporter wouldn't be able to condone or even make them not want to go and watch their team again.

Whether you would have your opinion respected and get branded as non politically correct or not a real fan is however something totally different.

Archived