2020/21 Season starts 12/09/20

RoyMac5

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ThePrisoner said:

That’ll get rid of the spread of the virus for sure. 

Well goverment made it clear that they dont want continue fulow from october which leave club no choice but bring staff back who work in stadiums.

Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, ram59 said:

If the season doesn't start until 12th September, how can Forest win the league in August? 

change their name to aaaanotts forest

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Well goverment made it clear that they dont want continue fulow from october which leave club no choice but bring staff back who work in stadiums.

Or lay them off, as they don't have any/enough work for them all?

2 hours ago, Amberram said:

Resigned to the fact of no live football till next year as missed the renewal.

Gutted, but we have to start from somewhere whether we like it or not.

i

I thought the club halted season ticket renewals last week but will restart them once more information about next season is released?

7 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I dont think so some how clubs will get a bad name otherwise and that is something they dont want.

If DCFC get through this without one single redundancy, or without having to put some staff on shorter hours/less pay, I will pay for your 21/22 season ticket.

You can bookmark that (Whatever that means!)  ? ?

9 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I dont think so some how clubs will get a bad name otherwise and that is something they dont want.

Sadly b4, I think at least some clubs will reckon a short-lived knock to reputation is better than slow financial death.

Look at Leicester going bust a few years ago and shafting those local businesses. How often is that mentioned widely now?

13 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

I thought the club halted season ticket renewals last week but will restart them once more information about next season is released?

Some people seem to have convinced themselves that if they were one of those that renewed before sales were taken offline they'll be the ones given priority when we start letting people in at reduced capacity.

It wouldn't be right morally, or from a PR & customer relations perspective, for them to do that - if that was to be the case then the club would have had to communicate it to fans before stopping sales, especially when people's finances and when they can / can't part with money are impacted by a worldwide pandemic.

I think there was quite a lot of panic buying going on in those few hours based on an incorrect assumption.

How we decide who's let in at reduced capacity is anyone's guess, but I doubt it will be based on who renewed before a set date when the club's statement says 'the deadline for the 2020/21 Season Ticket Period 1 Pricing & Seat Renewal is no longer applicable' - to do so would be enforcing a deadline that doesn't exist or enacting a new deadline they haven't told anybody about. I'm not sure that would even be legal?

5 hours ago, Coconut said:

Some people seem to have convinced themselves that if they were one of those that renewed before sales were taken offline they'll be the ones given priority when we start letting people in at reduced capacity.

It wouldn't be right morally, or from a PR & customer relations perspective, for them to do that - if that was to be the case then the club would have had to communicate it to fans before stopping sales, especially when people's finances and when they can / can't part with money are impacted by a worldwide pandemic.

I think there was quite a lot of panic buying going on in those few hours based on an incorrect assumption.

How we decide who's let in at reduced capacity is anyone's guess, but I doubt it will be based on who renewed before a set date when the club's statement says 'the deadline for the 2020/21 Season Ticket Period 1 Pricing & Seat Renewal is no longer applicable' - to do so would be enforcing a deadline that doesn't exist or enacting a new deadline they haven't told anybody about. I'm not sure that would even be legal?

Some good points... and also some misguided assumptions, if I may say.

I must admit, I was one of those who renewed on the evening before suspension.  I guess I did so "Just in case" priority is given to those holding a 20/21 ST, if, when, and once any attendance limits are confirmed.  I admitted at the time that it was a gamble for me, but in truth, it's a very small gamble, as I was always planning to renew at some stage anyway.... and I trust DCFC to see me right, with regards to striking me a deal for any missed matches etc, as they did do for this season just finished.  If that be free access to Rams TV again, then so be it.  I'm in the second cheapest category anyway, so £350 odd for a season of Rams TV isn't the end of the world, even if it isn't the ideal scenario.
If it transpires that I receive no priority whatsoever, you won't see me moaning about it on here.  I most certainly wasn't panicking when I pressed "Buy".

It's gonna be what it's gonna be, and the most negativity I'm likely to show is a shrug of the shoulders.  In fact, if I do get priority to attend, by the time things get sorted, I may still decide I don't fancy it, in which case, I'll probably decline any invitation to attend, and offer the club the chance to invite someone else who may be more comfortable in attending.

Of course, at this stage, we don't know how many ST's have been sold, nor how many fans are likely to be allowed in.  We may even be oversubscribed already, so I'm fully aware my last minute purchase offers no guarantee of getting "first dibs" at the turnstiles.

I guess, like a lot of this whole sorry mess, we'll all just have to wait and see what develops.

? ?

Archived