Clarke or Tomori

rynny

On Loan  

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Easy choice.

Clarke is solid but Tomori is exceptional.

I think Clarke is the better defender, he has better positioning and better in the air. Tomori was better at recovering, quicker and passer. 

When you’re sat on row Z and the ball hits your head it’s Tomooooori!

Tomori obviously, but I’ve probably got more chance of playing for Derby next season than Frank sending us Tomori.

Not exactly a tough one. I rate both, but Clarke is a top class championship defender, while Tomori is a pretty damn good Prem defender who’s also played in the Champions League. There’s no comparison to be had, anyone saying Clarke needs their head testing. 

Theres absolutely 0 chance we see Tomori back now anyway mind.

Great question. Tomori was excellent but relied on his pace at times to bail him out as his defending wasnt always great (especially early on). Clarke is a better defender positionally & better in the air. Tomori was excellent on the ball although Clarke is very decent also.

Should also point out that Tomori had the benefit of Keogh alongside him for pretty much the entire season. Clarke has had Keogh, Bielik, Davies, Wisdom, Forsyth and Evans at various points and a very uncertain goalkeeper situation behind him. Tomori also played in a team that was always top 10, Clarke has played in a team that struggled until the New Year & only clicked thereafter. I would say Clarke has carried the defence at times whereas Tomori was a quality addition to an already decent defence.

Clarke for me.

Clarke for me only because he's slightly more likely to stay. 

Tomori having tasted life at the top with Chelsea won't want to drop back. 

Clarke hasn't featured for Brighton so is playing at the best level he's reached on a regular basis. 

I loved Tomori's pace, passion and passing ability but it's reassuring to have Clarke's aerial presence. 

Just now, Duracell said:

Clarke is a better defender. Tomori is beautiful chaos.

I voted Tomori purely because of how much pleasure I got from watching him play. Not often a CB gets you off your feet.

He really was fantastic, so gutted we couldnt sign him as he really would have been a club legend.

1 hour ago, rynny said:

I think Clarke is the better defender, he has better positioning and better in the air. Tomori was better at recovering, quicker and passer. 

This is pretty much spot on imo.

Why choose only one? They would work brilliantly as a pair...

Archived