Cardiff City (A) - Matchday Thread

Sean

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least the bench looks a little more like we have options should we need them. With our obvious lack of quality and depth in the squad, these 5 subs are really hurting us against the better teams. They have been able to swap like for like or alter formation, without diminishing the quality. We haven’t had that luxury 

9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

The defense is looking pretty woeful on the ball. Lowe at right back has to be fitness related otherwise Cocu has lost the plot.

Lost the plot?  Bogle is not performing and worse than that it’s extremely irritating watching him just jog back when out of position ,personally not sure if there’s a player in there that needs a rocket up the backside or a youngster that’s been over rated a bit who’s not quite a full back and not good enough for a winger and may just end up falling through the cracks by never really finding his position 

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

Lost the plot?  Bogle is not performing and worse than that it’s extremely irritating watching him just jog back when out of position ,personally not sure if there’s a player in there that needs a rocket up the backside or a youngster that’s been over rated a bit who’s not quite a full back and not good enough for a winger and may just end up falling through the cracks by never really finding his position 

Or he’s the perfect modern day wing back?

Him on the right, Lowe on the left. They are made for it. 

20 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Lowe at right back or is it a back 3/5?

Knight Davies Clarke Forsyth Lowe ?

I would be surprised given how loyal we were to 4-3-3/4-2-3-1

Can only think its Bogles fitness

Why would you think it's because of fitness? Bogle has been terrible since the restart and been at fault for several goals. He was also publicly criticised by the manager after the last match, do its hardly surprising he's been dropped

I think that’s a decent line up - no problem with Roos playing and the manager wants a defender at centre half and is trying to stop the goals going in against us from our right side. It’s also nice to have a quicker centre forward on the bench in Marriott.

Hamer deserves to be dropped and Bogle needs to better at defending so a reminder of that is good ( and we might be selling him so looking again if lowe would be ok there). Evans just isn’t a centre half and I didn’t see any of his passes going forwards to Derby players in the past three games 

1 minute ago, StarterForTen said:

Or he’s the perfect modern day wing back?

Him on the right, Lowe on the left. They are made for it. 

As I say he may well be ( player in there?) but at this point he is not doing quite well enough at either end of the pitch and a bit lapse in covering the ground between the two a bit to often

14 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Because Bogle’s been a bit rubbish lately?

..and because , as picked upon by Eric Steele, he'll be up against a winger who permanently cuts inside so he'll be coming in into Lowe's stronger side.

It's an attempt to stop us conceding another goal like Brentford's third.. unless Bogle is ill/unavailable in which case, it's kind of our only option.

I’m right behind PC on this. He will know what their front line is and Davies will be there for a reason. Bogle had a knock and hasn’t looked great defensively. It’s right to give Roos a go. Knight was hungry 

the team is our team. I have my favourites of course but I don’t spend hours watching vids of the opposition and I don’t know the fitness and demeanour of our lads on a daily basis 

11 v 11 

COYR

i’ve got CM as FRGS but secretly I want the Sibley story to continue. Last throw of the dice for this season. Come on lads 

Oh dear Cocu doing his job and picking a team that he thinks will beat the opposition.

How dare he use his 30 years of experience  In professional football and do the job he is paid to do, why does he not let one of the “experts” on this website pick the team!

Unbelievable reaction from the armchair managers on here to our managers team selection. 

Archived