Cardiff City (A) - Matchday Thread

Sean

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Taribo said:

I think we’re putting out a weakened team, wouldn’t you agree? 

Roos is an improvement on Hamer.

Bogle is ill so Lowe moves across to RB as our only option there. Fozzy comes in at LB as a result. 

Cardiff are a direct side, so Davies is a better choice than Evans. 

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

There are rumours that Cocu has gone with Hamer in goal for tonight, which is no surprise. He stood by his keeper after Saturday's catastrophe, and was going to check on Hamer's state of mind. One assumes that Hamer is ok, so it doesn't surprise me that Cocu has picked him as that is perhaps the best way to boost the lad's confidence With Roos playing back-up, perhaps the plan is that hamer will continue to command his area and come for the crosses, with Roos staying on the line as the shot-stopper!

Cocu has also pointed out Cardiff's "direct" style of play which he says is different to Brentford's and WBA's style. It is a polite way of saying route one thuggery IMHO! But it means we will have to be much tougher in defence, but we will still have to pick up the runners so they don't get to the lay-offs and flick-on's by whoever is the Gorilla up front for Cardiff tonight.

Ha! What do I know? Roos it is then.

I see Roos in goal!!

Even if he doesn't do great, at least he is a player we own.

Sorry Hamer, but as you are only on loan, I don't want to see you play for Derby anymore this season.

Edit: In case I am wrong sorry. They just showed a highlight of Roos in the goal warning up, so I'm assuming ?

I'm expecting most of our attacking exploits to come down our left tonight. Knight not in his favoured position and a left-footed Max Lowe doesn't suggest we'll play too wide on that flank, but we'll see.

Archived