Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

If they are back dating rules then surely they should be investigating Middlesbrough’s chairman selling his clubs debt to his own companies which was within the rules then but not allowed now. Also doing that may also have cost tax payers money as well I’m sure I read .

As others have said maybe EFL investigation into all clubs open that Pandora’s box. Also get forensic accountants on the money trail let’s see where the Gumps money comes from ? 

We may aswell relegate Arsenal too, surely buying your way into the top flight must be deemed illegal too ?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re reading that Mail article it seems nothing more than bluster and tittle tattle. It even alludes to the fact that the EFL can approve such arrangements if they so wish. 
cannot imagine that with everything else going on Mel and his legal team would not have clarified this before hand. The EFL could just have made another mistake ? 
I am still unsure why an English Championship club is allowed to have an owner ( of allegedly dubious repute) who also owns another European club and allows trade between those clubs at transfer fees that seem to be advantageous to both to circumvent FFP ? 

8 hours ago, Nookiebear1 said:

They really mean making something stick with us don't they

Can only imagine that the time Mel put about the idea of a breakaway league got up the EFL’s noses so much that they’re now “after him”. He’s wiser and richer than them and got more vision and leadership. Ipso Facto, Derby are the villains. Mel is keeping his own counsel for now until the EFL through the muck, and flick the fan switch. . . 

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I always imagined that we probably put some form of unacceptable (to Gibson) restrictions on the offer - non disclosure, desist in other actions or something else that he wasn't prepared to accept.

Plus we might shown him 3 blank pages for humour

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I always imagined that we probably put some form of unacceptable (to Gibson) restrictions on the offer - non disclosure, desist in other actions or something else that he wasn't prepared to accept.

pretty sure Gibson would have referred to the onerous conditions, it's his way.  Cant't we have a rude word replaced by 'Gibson', banker with a w?

8 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Is having a call on the lease of the stadium (if we defaulted on the loan) the same as having 'interest' in the club? Afterall like Coventry did, we could play somewhere else?

8 hours ago, RamNut said:

Presumably we have stitched Rooney’s head onto the body of a monkey, so he can keep playing. 

They tried but Gibson complained to the EFL and....  @Gee SCREAMER !!, Gareth Barry went on to finish an illustrious (According to himself ) career in the MSL (Martian soccer league )

9 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Can’t see how there’s a case to answer here really, it’s only a loan ffs, it’s not like Dell has any control at either Derby or Sunderland. He’s just loaned both money, which he will presumably get back at some point in the not too distant future with interest added on. Don’t see a conflict of interest in there anywhere. Surely if there was a problem with it being against the rules, the EFL could have blocked the loan before it went through?

And they even let Paul Scholes be manager of one club, whilst being owner of another club FFS! 

Now i am not a vindictive man but i hope when we are allowed to watch games inside the ground again and we play the two teams i believe are behind all this crap that we tear them a new a@@hole with the most venomous bile and anger that we can muster,but as stated before i am not a vindictive man but when you mess with my team the gloves are off.

10 minutes ago, glyn1957 said:

Now i am not a vindictive man but i hope when we are allowed to watch games inside the ground again and we play the two teams i believe are behind all this crap that we tear them a new a@@hole with the most venomous bile and anger that we can muster,but as stated before i am not a vindictive man but when you mess with my team the gloves are off.

Whilst refusing to buy any of their players and sell them any for the next 5 years as we will probably be better off by doing that! 

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

The article stinks! Its the Mail again, still banging on about £30m when it was clarified it was more like £15m. Also for "several clubs" read one or two............One begins with M one begins with B. Somebody has a serious beef with Mel.

Also, the article says "Derby would face almost certain relegation if hit with multiple points deduction" .

I can only assume they're referring to the 2019/2020 season as obviously no one knows what will happen next season yet and. Didn't the tribunal refuse to allow Wednesday's points to be deducted from last season? If so, I can't see them allowing any points deduction sufficient to see us in the bottom three being applied to last season.

26 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Also, the article says "Derby would face almost certain relegation if hit with multiple points deduction" .

I can only assume they're referring to the 2019/2020 season as obviously no one knows what will happen next season yet and. Didn't the tribunal refuse to allow Wednesday's points to be deducted from last season? If so, I can't see them allowing any points deduction sufficient to see us in the bottom three being applied to last season.

I think the point being made was us starting next season on -24 would mean we need to match the top 6 teams just to stay up. Definitely not "almost certain relegation", but very difficult from a mental point of view to overcome it.

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

The article stinks! Its the Mail again, still banging on about £30m when it was clarified it was more like £15m. Also for "several clubs" read one or two............One begins with M one begins with B. Somebody has a serious beef with Mel.

Probably both just stuck on the same level of Candy Crush.

Do find it a little bit funny that on the one hand we have a manager we won’t be spending big amounts of money as it’s irresponsible when staff have been furloughed and people are losing jobs, then on the other hand this loan is giving us some sort of advantage rather to help tide us over.

Do you not think that if everyone is telling us we're in the wrong, it might mean that we're in the wrong, rather than everyone else being wrong about us being in the wrong?

Just thinking aloud. We've been accused of many things, us Derby fans. Self-awareness is not one of them.

Archived