Derby County Vs Brentford matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Think we're just a bit leggy. 

Probably.

I just wish Martin and Sibely would slot in then so Knight and Lawrence could defend wider making a flatter midfield. 

When those two press they don't bother Brentford (or WBA) in the slightest and they're out the game with any easy pass forward.

You can see the frustration through Martin that he knows he's doing nothing defensively 

1 minute ago, DerbyRam! said:

Bogle!!!!??

Do you even work on your crosses???

Is all you do in training is work on your dribbling?????!!!

If I was Cocu I wouldn't let Bogle leave the training ground until 9/10 of his crosses are at least somewhat acceptable???

old man GIF

Bogle finally leaving the training ground in 2059.

Great distribution from Reya there. Good defending from Bogle v Watkins even though Watkins was offside. Won the ball back comfortably. 

Their goal probably came from us being too deep, so perhaps a collective blame. But their movement is so quick, you can't really place blame on an individual. Mbuemo and Watkins switched positions, which took Clarke's attention away from the ball, telling Lowe to track Watkins who had moved wide right. He then missed Mbuemo running between our CBs and Evans wasn't aware that Mbuemo had made the run until it was too late. After that, it was just fortunate the ball bounced off the post to Watkins, but really it should've been finished first time.

Much better defending there. Sibely and Martin supported forcing Brentford long. 

It's gotta be either press or sit with solid lines. WBA game was annoying watching Martin and Sibely press 6 WBA players. No offence Martin but a high press isn't flattering to a man of your build.

Archived