v Preston (A) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Think Hudds will be in for Rooney here - Waghorn back up top and maybe Lowe comes in for this one over Forsyth.

What is important is that we do use the squad, this is an unprecedented time for all clubs and fitness is paramount. 

I wouldn't be surprised this ends up being a close game. Preston will come out the blocks as they haven't played well since the restart, whereas we have looked good for 2hrs 30 min of football and looked leggy, if albeit managed the last 30 minutes well against Reading.

We didn’t look leggy it’s just Cocu ball, he gets ahead and try’s to manage the game. He doesn’t want it to be open and it does work it just isn’t that thrilling. Don’t get me back wrong here I like him and I like what he’s doing with the club. 

Good chance for Zoon.

Reckon we start Knight/Holmes on the wing as we know Preston are a physical team and we need someone to stop the ball coming into the box. When legs are flagging or we need a spark it would suit zoon.
Maybe wishful thinking but you shouldn’t want your own players to fail.

10 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

He doesn’t want it to be open and it does work it just isn’t that thrilling.

I think it was just good management on this occasion. He knew we were running out of gas and reading were more likely to score than we were. 

50 minutes ago, rynny said:

That's if Huddlestone signs a new deal.

I'm guessing with him being on bench yesterday something must be close

23 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

We didn’t look leggy it’s just Cocu ball, he gets ahead and try’s to manage the game. He doesn’t want it to be open and it does work it just isn’t that thrilling. Don’t get me back wrong here I like him and I like what he’s doing with the club. 

I said last 30 - I also thought we slowed the game down well and disrupted the game well last 30 against a pacy Reading side who used the subs not too shabbily. 

16 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

I hope I can finish work on time before this ?

Me too, it may mean getting back to the yard, unloading as quickly as possible then heading off without restocking the van, i may see how much overstock i can get on on Tuesday afternoon! Probably end up missing the first 15-30 minutes. 

Sith Happens

Preston's current form is 100% the reason for me no league should have ended the season on an points per game basis.

Okay... I'll put it (tin hat on!)

Hamer

Bogle, Wisdom, Clarke, Forsyth

Rooney, Bird

Waghorn, Sibley, Jozefzoon

Martin

Subs: Roos, Davies, Lowe, A Brown, Holmes, Knight, Shinnie, Hector-Ingram, Whittaker

I'm intrigued to see what Jozefzoon can do with no crowd... and he's arguably a more natural winger than Knight or Holmes. If it's not working change it at half time. COYR ?

I really can't see Fozzy and Martin starting this one.. we need them for Forest and 3 games in a week will likely be too much - Lowe to come in with Waggy moving to CF.

The difficult decision is who to play out wide. Holmes and Knight seem the obvious choices - they've been preferred over Jozefzoon and Whittaker in the previous games. But, I get the feeling that would leave Waghorn (and Sibley) somewhat isolated as both prefer staying out wide. We'd almost be relying on Bogle and Lowe to be the ones to cut inside or for a bit of magic from Sibley to create an opening. Whittaker is probably the wideman most likely to drift inside, but a physical side like Preston isn't the ideal opponent for him until he bulks up a little.

28 minutes ago, RamNut said:

5 points in 12 away games with max lowe starting.

we can’t afford to shuffle the pack.

Not saying we should make changes, but are away games really away games anymore? The early post-lockdown stats suggested not (not sure what they look like now).

8 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Not saying we should make changes, but are away games really away games anymore? The early post-lockdown stats suggested not (not sure what they look like now).

Results so far after the restart;

Home wins 8

Draws 6

Away wins 10

There haven't really been many shock scorelines. Biggest is probably Swansea 0 Luton 1. 

Question for anyone who might know. With this being a 5pm, and me not getting in from work until 6pm, is there not a way I can watch the game from the start? I noticed on Saturday if you pause the Rams TV stream for a few seconds, it picks back up from the live point so you can't even rewind the stream?

Irritating if I have to miss the first half

9 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Question for anyone who might know. With this being a 5pm, and me not getting in from work until 6pm, is there not a way I can watch the game from the start? I noticed on Saturday if you pause the Rams TV stream for a few seconds, it picks back up from the live point so you can't even rewind the stream?

Irritating if I have to miss the first half

Watch on your phone or office PC?

On 28/06/2020 at 11:11, TimRam said:

Yea early scrappy goal from a corner and then park the bus.?

Park the bus, they couldn’t even park the thing they will go to Preston in. Keeping a clean sheet is not a Derby speciality.......which means we are going to win 1-0 now ?

Archived