holmes.         Sibley.        Shinnie

Waghorn

35 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Hamer

bogle.   Wisdom.  Clarke.    Fozzy

Rooney.   Bird

holmes.         Sibley.        Shinnie

Waghorn

I was trying to google Shinnie's previous playing positions today to see if he was the obvious replacement for the naughty one.

With Lawrence missing, we need someone who can bring a spark to the team. I like Duane, but he is not that kind of player. Knight has got potential, but is not a flair player. Josefzoon could be the answer. He can take a man on, has pace and without a crowd could be the player we hear about in training. 

Hamer

Bogle         Wisdom       Clarke      Fozzy

Rooney       Bird

Waghorn             Sibley           Holmes

Martin            

2 hours ago, r4derby said:

With Lawrence missing, we need someone who can bring a spark to the team. I like Duane, but he is not that kind of player. Knight has got potential, but is not a flair player. Josefzoon could be the answer. He can take a man on, has pace and without a crowd could be the player we hear about in training. 

Josefzoon has never been the answer despite having had 43 chances

5 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

How about shifting Sibley wide? Young and full of tenacity and confidence?

Saw him play wide right for the U23s and he was devastating, cutting in on his left foot. However, I like him in the position he is currently playing. I think we should stick with that. Knight on the left for me, possibly with a bit of Zoon later on, depending on the match situation. Not sure why some are choosing to omit Martin. We look so much better going forward (and defensively) with him in the team. Has to start.

Hamer

bogle Wisdom Clarke Forsyth    

Bird Shinnie

Rooney 

Knight    Waghorn  Sibley

lowe will be getting close to starting instead of Forsyth to give him a rest but not yet whilst Shinnie and Rooney can swap places  whilst Holmes can slot in most attacking spots and jafoozon could get on the pitch and I like to have a proper forward on the bench to come on so Martin comes from there for me - we have a lot of versatile players 

DWWLWLLLDL

P:10 W:3 D:2 L:5 F:9 A:17

This is Preston’s form at the moment. They haven’t won for 6 games and have lost 4 and drawn 1 in their last 5. Across the last 10 games they have scored 9 goals and conceded 17. 
In contrast Derby have won 4 and lost 1 of their last 5 scoring 12 and conceding 6. 
So, statistically the pointers are for an away win. We should, if we are serious contenders, go to Preston on Wednesday and record another win. 
However, as we know, football doesn’t always work like that and there’s a chap called Nugent who would love to poke his cheeky face around the dressing room door with a broad grin on his face. 
However, on paper we are rampant and Preston are hanging on by their finger nails. . . cue the Scottish male voice-over as the camera drones over Deepdale . . . “Only a demoralised Preston on a downward spiral stand in the way of Wayne Rooney’s Rampant Rams and a 5th straight win before Derby face their bitter rivals in red . . . “.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to give up mildly intoxicating opiates . . . 

8 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

How about shifting Sibley wide? Young and full of tenacity and confidence?

To do what though? Not sure it’s worthwhile. Moving you’re most inventive and dangerous attacker (crazy to say so soon but true) into a less favoured position where he’s less likely to be involved when there’s not exactly a choice screaming to be made instead of him in the middle. 

I’d go Lowe in front of Forsyth to accommodate the loss of Lawrence. 

Hamer 

Wisdom         Davies.      Clarke.   Forsyth. 

Bird.     Rooney.     Lowe.  

Knight /Bogle                   Sibley. 

Waghorn 

That’s harsh on Bogle I know so he could also play on right instead of Knight  .

Difficult choice after losing Lawrence.                    

Sibley has often played down left for under 18s and 23s - he's very good at it. He's even better where he is, though.

Knight in front of Fozzy (if he has the legs for another 90 so soon) will be fine. Knight in front of Lowe I am less sure about.

26 minutes ago, Srg said:

To do what though? Not sure it’s worthwhile. Moving you’re most inventive and dangerous attacker (crazy to say so soon but true) into a less favoured position where he’s less likely to be involved when there’s not exactly a choice screaming to be made instead of him in the middle. 

Oh I was going to put Holmes where Sibley is now.

It's as much just to surprise PNE by having Sibley in a different role.

It was just a thought, given we've got a shoe in for Lawrence, I like Holmes, but Holmes ain't no winger.

Think Hudds will be in for Rooney here - Waghorn back up top and maybe Lowe comes in for this one over Forsyth.

What is important is that we do use the squad, this is an unprecedented time for all clubs and fitness is paramount. 

I wouldn't be surprised this ends up being a close game. Preston will come out the blocks as they haven't played well since the restart, whereas we have looked good for 2hrs 30 min of football and looked leggy, if albeit managed the last 30 minutes well against Reading.

7 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Think Hudds will be in for Rooney here - Waghorn back up top and maybe Lowe comes in for this one over Forsyth.

What is important is that we do use the squad, this is an unprecedented time for all clubs and fitness is paramount. 

I wouldn't be surprised this ends up being a close game. Preston will come out the blocks as they haven't played well since the restart, whereas we have looked good for 2hrs 30 min of football and looked leggy, if albeit managed the last 30 minutes well against Reading.

That's if Huddlestone signs a new deal.

Archived