Live football thread.

Rev

On 11/05/2022 at 20:09, maxjam said:

Nice to see he stopped on his feet until after he scored this time ? 

Was there a slight hesitation before he went for the ears.....did he nearly do the binoculars thing....I think it flashed through his mind!

One goal, one assist, man of the match, possibly relegated Leeds and kept Everton up.

I'd like to think he'll meet up with Frank for a quick pint in Derby during the summer. 

15 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Was there a slight hesitation before he went for the ears.....did he nearly do the binoculars thing....I think it flashed through his mind!

One goal, one assist, man of the match, possibly relegated Leeds and kept Everton up.

I'd like to think he'll meet up with Frank for a quick pint in Derby during the summer. 

After his superb performances while on loan with us i am so proud of Masons achievements since going back to Chelsea , he really is a top class footballer and yes scoring against the Dirties endears him to Rams fans even more

4 hours ago, Premier ram said:

After his superb performances while on loan with us i am so proud of Masons achievements since going back to Chelsea , he really is a top class footballer and yes scoring against the Dirties endears him to Rams fans even more

Nice of you to post again Mrs Mount... ?

Just now, Rammy03 said:

imagine losing both domestic cup finals on penalties to the same opponent

Didn’t Liverpool beat them on penalties in the super cup final a couple of years back too?

probably sick of them.

Liverpool have the hallmarks of Man Utd under SAF. They win when they play well, and they grind out wins when they don’t whether it be on penalties, or late winners. The best teams tend to have the luck with them.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Didn’t Liverpool beat them on penalties in the super cup final a couple of years back too?

probably sick of them.

Liverpool have the hallmarks of Man Utd under SAF. They win when they play well, and they grind out wins when they don’t whether it be on penalties, or late winners. The best teams tend to have the luck with them.

Mind you, they might have picked up a couple of injuries so maybe not that lucky? 

Been out all day only just seen the result - then found out it was Mason Mount that missed the decisive penalty ?

Wasn't really bothered who won but feel bad for MMs continuing bad luck in Wembley finals.  At least he has got his Champions League winners medal to fall back on...

39 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Man City 2-0 down - simply can’t defend and look lethargic going forward. Bowen has been tremendous for West Ham….

I’m torn. I’d like West Ham to overhaul United. That would be funny to see Ronaldo in the conference. But, the perfect narrative is this:

Liverpool need 3pts and goal difference to win the quadruple. Steven Gerrard, who famously lost them the league while a player, now manager of villa, beats City 3-0, therefore handing the title to Liverpool.

I’ve got a lot of respect for Gerrard, I think it’s a shame he never got to win a premier league title with Liverpool, so that would be quite a nice way to solidify his legendary status. 

but for that narrative to happen, city need to win today. Unless Liverpool also lose against Southampton, but I can’t see city ending the season on two losses in a row, imagine that!

City got themselves out of a mess then. They looked really lethargic first half. They will be disappointed not to have won, but the pressure is back on Liverpool to win while City will surely have taken a scenario where any victory against Villa on the final day at home would secure them the title.

Disappointed in Leeds getting that late goal. Tell you what, Leeds have had loads of last-minute goals this season. They beat Norwich and Wolves under Jesse Marche with injury time goals, beat Palace and draws with Brentford and Wolves (H). If games finished dead on 90 minutes they would already be relegated with about 25 points.