Live football thread.

Rev

16 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

This made me chuckle. I reckon you and my old man would have some interesting stories to swap. I note from some of your posts over the years that you've been to some other 'interesting spots', not just Salone. For his part, my dad seemed to spend a disproportionate amount of time in African war zones throughout his 'career' and until I was about 20 I honestly believed it was because he was good at languages 😂

Hi. Yes indeed. I worked for 30 years on British aid and World Bank funded projects from Malaysia to the Caribbean but mainly in African countries. Somalia was the scariest, Ethiopia the best. Most African countries are football mad, Premier League obviously but most know all about the Rams

20 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

Hi. Yes indeed. I worked for 30 years on British aid and World Bank funded projects from Malaysia to the Caribbean but mainly in African countries. Somalia was the scariest, Ethiopia the best. Most African countries are football mad, Premier League obviously but most know all about the Rams

"Weren't they the worst team in Premier League history?" is the one I normally get asked 😢

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

Yeah and this is League Two, but apparently you can't play passing football in League one, which is why we're going Warne-ball.

1/  The official title of each divisions start with the word "League".
2/  Didzy used to play for us.
3/  Notts' surname is the same as ours.

Ah come on now @IslandExile, play fair, my friend.

There's more than enough anti-Warne threads to get your teeth into, without turning yet another unconnected topic into one.

It's becoming extremely boring, regardless of which side of the fence one sits.  

Luv yer, 'n all that, but this post gets a BOOOOO! from me, purely due to its location within the forum!  🙄

4 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Unconnected?

The style of football on show not connected?

Ok, if you say so.

The style of football on show on live TV, between two teams, neither of which are Derby County, and neither of which are managed by Paul Warne.  In a game in a different League to the one we play in.  In a thread so not Derby County related, it's not even in the Derby County Forum.
Do we go all anti-Warne in all and every thread that contains a reference to football?  Why not go further, and hijack any thread that includes the name "Paul", or the word "Pride", "Park", or "Rubbish".
God forbid anyone posting about their planned 2024 holiday to Rotterdam.  Why, that is so similar to Rotherham, the holiday thread may explode! 
And how about the pics thread including knees?  I know for a fact that Paul Warne has two knees, so it'd be open season in there!

Notts County v Bradford City, in L2, Live on telly, in a thread that's specifically placed in the "Other Football" forum, with a direct link to our current plight?
OK, if you say so.

*Feel free to respond... the last word is all yours... I'm bored now!  

8 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Feel free to respond... the last word is all yours... I'm bored now!  

I'm surprised and disappointed by your reaction. You've always seemed to be one of the more reasonable posters.

Of course, football and style of football in a game not involving Derby County is still relevant to our club. There are other threads of this forum about points deductions. Do you not consider them to be linked with our experience either?

I also related the Notts County fan giving the team talk to wishing our beloved positive supporter could have done that. Was that out of order too?

15 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I'm surprised and disappointed by your reaction. You've always seemed to be one of the more reasonable posters.

Of course, football and style of football in a game not involving Derby County is still relevant to our club. There are other threads of this forum about points deductions. Do you not consider them to be linked with our experience either?

I also related the Notts County fan giving the team talk to wishing our beloved positive supporter could have done that. Was that out of order too?

Not wishing to leave you disappointed, so apologies for my earlier reaction...

I'm sure there's a link between points deductions and DCFC... but I wouldn't expect to find another anti-Warne rant in there though.

Making reference to a Notts County fan giving a team talk prior to a live TV game involving Notts County, in a thread about live TV games?  Sounds bloody fantastic to me, mate, and bang on the money.  In fact, at the time of going to press, it appears I'm the only one to have offered a reaction to that particular post of yours, thus far... a positive reaction, I hasten to add. 👍

Still struggling to accept a thread about current live TV games involving no teams connected to DCFC to be an appropriate thread to place a post specifically designed to have a rant about Warne, when there are so, so, so many threads specifically designed to have a rant about Warne.  I'm pretty certain I'm highly unlikely to have this specific opinion changed now, regardless.  Sorry!

I fear we are now going around in circles, so as much out of respect to our fellow readers, as to you yourself, I really must back away from the conversation now.   I've had my moan.  You don't accept my stance.  I get that.  I respect that.
From this point, I could only repeat my points, not add to them, so any further reply (by me) would be most inappropriate and unwelcome.
Hope you enjoyed the game, and continue to enjoy the rest of your weekend.
🍻🐏

59 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Not wishing to leave you disappointed, so apologies for my earlier reaction...

I'm sure there's a link between points deductions and DCFC... but I wouldn't expect to find another anti-Warne rant in there though.

Making reference to a Notts County fan giving a team talk prior to a live TV game involving Notts County, in a thread about live TV games?  Sounds bloody fantastic to me, mate, and bang on the money.  In fact, at the time of going to press, it appears I'm the only one to have offered a reaction to that particular post of yours, thus far... a positive reaction, I hasten to add. 👍

Still struggling to accept a thread about current live TV games involving no teams connected to DCFC to be an appropriate thread to place a post specifically designed to have a rant about Warne, when there are so, so, so many threads specifically designed to have a rant about Warne.  I'm pretty certain I'm highly unlikely to have this specific opinion changed now, regardless.  Sorry!

I fear we are now going around in circles, so as much out of respect to our fellow readers, as to you yourself, I really must back away from the conversation now.   I've had my moan.  You don't accept my stance.  I get that.  I respect that.
From this point, I could only repeat my points, not add to them, so any further reply (by me) would be most inappropriate and unwelcome.
Hope you enjoyed the game, and continue to enjoy the rest of your weekend.
🍻🐏

Can we mention that Chris Martin coming back to play for us would be wonderful though? 🥷

I understand the reasons why teams take risks passing it round the back etc, but most the dangerous moments in the City Lpool game today have happened from mistakes trying to play it out round the box. It still seems possible to keep and build possession without taking the most extreme risks.

Alisson got away with one there. They judged Joelinton’s push was not a foul and this one was. They were both 70/30 the other way but I think to be deemed ‘obvious’ it probably has to be 80/20.

I don’t understand why GKs have different protection rules. You would never judge that a foul on a defender or an attacker. But put one hand on a goalkeeper and it’s a foul. 

Edited by Bris Vegas

19 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

I understand the reasons why teams take risks passing it round the back etc, but most the dangerous moments in the City Lpool game today have happened from mistakes trying to play it out round the box. It still seems possible to keep and build possession without taking the most extreme risks.

Brovers did allot of that yesterday and they were lucky that we didn't make more of the occasions when we caught them out. It's an aspect of Liam Rosenior's tactics that I do not miss one iota.