v Millwall (A) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

So many positives to take from that. Some of the football we played was sensational, with it being the first game back you forgive some of the loose passing, I don't even know what to say about Sibley. Unreal. Incredible. Brilliant. He was such a threat all day, he missed chances but he never let his head drop and kept going. Do. Not. Take. Him. Out. The. Team.

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Kinder said:

Sibley will deservedly get the headlines but I thought Fozzy did some great things today as well.

Thought that Bird was tremendous does the simple things easily and his timing and vision for our second goal was brilliant 

As the prospect of football returning became more realistic, I began to wonder whether I’d be genuinely happy if we got promoted without being there to witness it with the people I’ve been travelling the country with over the last few years.

Today has made me realise that yes, I’d absolutely ducking love it if we went up, even if it wasn’t the perfect scenario that I’ve been dreaming of.

COYR!

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

So many positives to take from that. Some of the football we played was sensational, with it being the first game back you forgive some of the loose passing, I don't even know what to say about Sibley. Unreal. Incredible. Brilliant. He was such a threat all day, he missed chances but he never let his head drop and kept going. Do. Not. Take. Him. Out. The. Team.

I agree he's been excellent and i also trust Cocu  importantly to manage him properly keeping his feet on the ground , Rooney will also know all about this.........just hope we can keep hold of Sibley.Bird and Knight

Also i'd like to say I'd try and sign Clarke on a permanent....he's a really calm CB

2 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

One win down, eight to go. Solid performance. Sibley will quite rightly take all the plaudits but I thought Bird and Clarke were excellent too. Great all round team performance. Capital hoodoo well and truly buried. All the more sweeter that it was against Snakeys boys. 

Yes Clarke in particular was excellent. 

It was Wisdom and later Davies who looked rusty. 

Overall an excellent day. 

I am returning from London having dropped off our granddaughter to her friend's house. We have never been there before and were welcomed in for tea. 

My son-in-law just asked if we discussed football as the dad is old style Millwall mob. Oops! 

That was one of the best away performances for two years.

Midfield and attack was superb, with the youngsters just outstanding.

However, two poor defensive mistakes took the full gloss off. The second Millwall goal was just commical, first with Lawrence and Forsyth with no communication allowing the fullback to cross, then two Derby centre-halfs both allowing a smaller player to beat them in the air.

Hoping with the new Dutch defender and Beilek at the back will surely give us a better level of defending.

I used the Rams TV for the first time, and I was very impressed with the coverage, replays and commentary.

I would like to see knight stay in the team. Build the team around knight, sibley and bird.

not sure its helping knight by him being in and out. 

Some good saves by hamer also made the difference in the end. 

Great game, attacking wise very good, play the game in the right way, Sibbo was a joy to watch, and deserved his hat trick, also Bird was good, Lawrence worked hard and did some nice things, Rooney first half dictated the pace of the game, at the back we are poor at times, sort the defence out for next season, then promotion is deffo on. Enjoyed watch some football today, and Derby winning has made my weekend. 

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I thought the exact opposite ? I thought Clarke had a bit of a mare today.

Thought he played well

Clarke is very good with his feet and think he'd be a great signing ...only my opinion of course

Archived