v Millwall (A) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

3 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

You could visibly see his frustration at the end when their keeper tried to chip it to the fullback and it went out of play. You could see inside that he was screaming "Fookin boot it upfield man!!"

I know what you mean, but that was proper rubbish by their goalkeeper. With about 15 seconds to go, you really need to smash it long. Thing is, Rowett would have acted the same if it had been in the first 3 seconds, not the last!

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Derby blood said:

100 percent agree, alot of fans doubted Cocu, but in less than a year, our starting 11 is much younger, had very little money, but bought well in my eyes, gets the best out of players, great coach, and u can see what type of team we are , love the way we play football, very lucky to have such a great manager, looking forward to seeing us return to the prem some time soon, next season will be the one, I put my money on. 

Totally agree with this and although there will still be ups and downs such is football I can remember posting on here when many were calling for him to go calling him Co co instead of Cocu  and crap like that and to give the man time 

He came into a new country gave everyone a chance and with little time to change much before the season started ...he did not waste money just to try and please people and had a big job on changing the culture of how we play and with big loan players missing from last season 

I,ve heard him being given some right old flak from fans and at some games especially away seen them walk out in droves 

He has had the whole Keogh debacle to deal with and there must’ve been times when he must’ve thought ...do I really need this ?

Pep , (one of the greatest) took a season to start to get City playing consistently how he likes his teams to play and I’m a big fan of how City play the game 

Make no mistake to get any team  (no matter how much you spend )to play so well takes time and patience and hard hours on the training ground and sometimes in the classroom 

Cocu still has a lot to do and is trying to change our culture from top to bottom that takes insight and a lot of hard work and hours , I know 

so perhaps now he will be given a bit more slack when we have bad days which all sides have but progress is there to be seen with some players who maybe thought there days at the rams were over but now are buying into the Cocu way

There is a long journey still ahead and no one knows how we are financially and who or what type of player Cocu can bring in in the summer but our kids in the academy and being nurtured into the first team could not be in better hands ....

so......

Would there possibly be any chance that when we are finally allowed to get back to what we love doing , watching football and spending our hard earnt money on something we took for granted like many things missed during a troublesome time in our lives that .....we...Derby County fans one and all can sing Philip Cocu,s name   Loud and very loud from the rafters of Pride Park to let him know he is appreciated and welcomed here and to know we are very lucky to have a fantastic coach and proper gentleman at the helm of our beloved club who no matter what conducts himself impeccably 

I think he deserves it !!!?????????? COYR

ps That includes you Jourdan and Roy mac lol 

Quite funny that there was a lot of talk about FloJo before the game yet he didn’t even get on.

Also, our back five still scares me. Hamer isn’t up to scratch and whilst the defenders aren’t individually too bad, as a unit they’re still disjointed.

We don’t have a leader back there barking out instructions. I prefer Wisdom at right back. We need someone more aware next to Clarke, and it’s not Curtis bless him. I haven’t been convinced by Bielik at CH either but he has time to develop.

Let’s hope Te Wierik is the man.

If we can sort the defence this team is going places.

8 hours ago, S8TY said:

Cocu still has a lot to do ...we...Derby County fans one and all can sing Philip Cocu,s name   Loud and very loud from the rafters of Pride Park to let him know he is appreciated and welcomed here and to know we are very lucky to have a fantastic coach and proper gentleman at the helm of our beloved club who no matter what conducts himself impeccably 

I agree.

Not bad that overall. 

Thought at times the passing was a little slow or slightly off the mark and the first touch was slightly bobbly. Probably a combination of rust and what really seemed to be a dry pitch where the ball didn’t zip around at all. 

Majority of dangerous situations for Millwall came as a result of our own sloppy play or a move breaking down and us not having significant midfield cover. 

The pressure we exerted was good, but at times just needed a bit more confidence, especially Bogle and Holmes who seemed to want to beat their man 2 or 3 times over before playing it in. No issue with retaining possession though, we did that at times smartly  

Holmes clearly looked a bit short of sharpness which is understandable. May have been Rooney’s worst game for us too. Bird was great as normal - he’s becoming phenomenally consistent - and there’s nothing to say about Sibley that hasn’t already been said.

Great building block to keep going. Next two games are absolutely crucial to know whether we stand a chance.

Final word is for Cocu... he’s absolutely the right man for this football club. His interview which is on the website and YouTube is absolutely brilliant. He’s articulate and has clearly thought a great deal about all aspects. Really is a top guy.

10 hours ago, S8TY said:

Totally agree with this and although there will still be ups and downs such is football I can remember posting on here when many were calling for him to go calling him Co co instead of Cocu  and crap like that and to give the man time 

He came into a new country gave everyone a chance and with little time to change much before the season started ...he did not waste money just to try and please people and had a big job on changing the culture of how we play and with big loan players missing from last season 

I,ve heard him being given some right old flak from fans and at some games especially away seen them walk out in droves 

He has had the whole Keogh debacle to deal with and there must’ve been times when he must’ve thought ...do I really need this ?

Pep , (one of the greatest) took a season to start to get City playing consistently how he likes his teams to play and I’m a big fan of how City play the game 

Make no mistake to get any team  (no matter how much you spend )to play so well takes time and patience and hard hours on the training ground and sometimes in the classroom 

Cocu still has a lot to do and is trying to change our culture from top to bottom that takes insight and a lot of hard work and hours , I know 

so perhaps now he will be given a bit more slack when we have bad days which all sides have but progress is there to be seen with some players who maybe thought there days at the rams were over but now are buying into the Cocu way

There is a long journey still ahead and no one knows how we are financially and who or what type of player Cocu can bring in in the summer but our kids in the academy and being nurtured into the first team could not be in better hands ....

so......

Would there possibly be any chance that when we are finally allowed to get back to what we love doing , watching football and spending our hard earnt money on something we took for granted like many things missed during a troublesome time in our lives that .....we...Derby County fans one and all can sing Philip Cocu,s name   Loud and very loud from the rafters of Pride Park to let him know he is appreciated and welcomed here and to know we are very lucky to have a fantastic coach and proper gentleman at the helm of our beloved club who no matter what conducts himself impeccably 

Spot on sir, you nailed it in that post. 

So come on Rams fans, first game back let's all show Mr Cocu how much we think off him. 

Could not think of a better manager to bring our kids on, than Mr Cocu. 

Also love the way we are starting to play our game. 

The life of a rams fan in one game

Morning - Excitement/anticipation

Team announced - Content - looks almost like what I would have picked

Kick off - Excitement Excitement Excitement

Millwall goal - Blah same old Derby - absolutely rubbish - write off the rest of the season

1-1 - whoop whoop good stuff - build on it lads

1-2 - Come On - 3 points could be ours - but a nagging feeling we will still concede

1-3 - get in there - jumping round the living room - going above them on GD - Sibley is god

2-3 - pants not going above them - but the play-offs are back on ?

Evening - dreaming of Sibley in a Rams shirt in the Prem

Next morning - Reading next - banana skin that - we are going to lose aren't we and write off the season 

lol - why support anyone else lol

Archived