Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drinkwater is 30 and suddenly realises he needs to clean up his act, 2 years left on his contract and we probably couldn't even offer Chelsea anyway near enough of a % of his wages to tempt them into a loan.

And why would we?

If theres one area of the pitch we are covered it's the centre of midfield, are we really going to try to rehabilitate a player in the twilight of his career whilst stoping Max Bird from getting game time and experience at the start of his journey?

Sorry but not for me.

1 hour ago, David said:

Drinkwater is 30 and suddenly realises he needs to clean up his act, 2 years left on his contract and we probably couldn't even offer Chelsea anyway near enough of a % of his wages to tempt them into a loan.

And why would we?

If theres one area of the pitch we are covered it's the centre of midfield, are we really going to try to rehabilitate a player in the twilight of his career whilst stoping Max Bird from getting game time and experience at the start of his journey?

Sorry but not for me.

Miles better than our midfielders. 

4 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Miles better than our midfielders. 

On form so he should be, but he's not been for a number of years now, pretty much since he left Leicester, but it would be a complete risk now that would take minutes away from one of our youngsters even if we could manage to fund a loan move.

28 minutes ago, David said:

One of my favourite players of the modern game, absolutely hammered by glass ankles though, only 18067 minutes played in his career = 200 games at 28, such a shame

Yeah me too, could do a job if he could stay fit though (IF) 

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

Yeah me too, could do a job if he could stay fit though (IF) 

That if is pretty big, my fear would be...as with Drinkwater we would have to really push the finances to bring him on loan, we would see a few rusty gaining fitness games, maybe one or 2 great games before losing him for a couple of months.

Any signing is a risk, but I just don't see us being in a position to take that kind of punt 

Just now, TomG said:

Seriously?  Ankles made of Quavers!

Not really serious, but he’s available I believe and imagine if you could get a season out of him on the championship. Fully fit Wilshere or Shinne/Evans ? 

3 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Only 2 of those things exist

Good point, Jack was  just an idea and look I’m not the chief scout however I think my 2 dice and a dartboard method seems more productive than our official scouts 

On 17/09/2020 at 21:05, Mostyn6 said:

I like the look of Buchanan. But the latter two.... bit risky. 

Shinniesta was a LB at Aberdeen I think, certainly before Lowe went there on loan anyway.

12 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

What's Ross Macormack doing these days? 

Drinking

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

Jack Wilshere 

You're clearly drinking too

Archived