Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

If we're looking for a left-back option, how about Luke Garbutt? Currently without a club after being released by Everton (so wouldn't cost us anything... in terms of a transfer fee at least). Had a couple of decent loan seasons in L1 with Ipswich and Oxford recently.

He was once a highly rated full back with potential, but seems to have dropped off a bit. Is seen as more of a left wing back/left mid now than a typical left back, if I’m not mistaken. Or at least he was used that way by Ipswich on occasions.

If he’s still got the ability to become a solid player, it’s a good call. That may be the risk though and another who doesn’t have a contract and is league 1 level at present...

On 07/09/2020 at 12:17, Marriott Ram99 said:

Already been mentioned before, but Vangelis Pavlidis of Willhelem II looks a good prospect at striker scored 11 in 25 last season so not bad, looks a good finisher, young, fairly mobile and good with his feet  and with Cocu's Dutch links could be a player we are aware of. 

Probably could get him for 4mill or so say similar to Jozwiak would be a gamble but sometimes gambles can pay off big time.  He was linked to Celtic in January so is clearly quite highly rated, not watched live so can't judge properly though. 

Pavilidis 4 in the last 2 now, Rangers are already bothered about his threat before the Europa League game on Thursday.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18734034.rangers-boss-steven-gerrard-pinpoints-willem-ii-danger-man-ahead-crunch-europa-league-tie/

He will end up at one of the big boys, just hope it is via Derby.

9 hours ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

Pavilidis 4 in the last 2 now, Rangers are already bothered about his threat before the Europa League game on Thursday.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18734034.rangers-boss-steven-gerrard-pinpoints-willem-ii-danger-man-ahead-crunch-europa-league-tie/

He will end up at one of the big boys, just hope it is via Derby.

yes please big money mind so sadly its a no at the min I sure 

3 hours ago, thekingofbuxton said:

I just read this name suggested on Twitter - not linked in any way

Jordan Obita - LB - free agent

Great shout in my opinion.  I always rated him at Reading.

I don’t think he ever tweets “ITK” but Andre’s brother has tweeted in the last hour asking for Jordan Obita.

I doubt that signifies much but you never know...

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I don’t think he ever tweets “ITK” but Andre’s brother has tweeted in the last hour asking for Jordan Obita.

I doubt that signifies much but you never know...

I've always been impressed by Obita and would be a huge upgrade on Forsyth.

Find it strange he left Reading on a free though as, based on performances I have seen, I wouldn't have thought they would have let him go unless it was his choice.

12 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

I've always been impressed by Obita and would be a huge upgrade on Forsyth.

Find it strange he left Reading on a free though as, based on performances I have seen, I wouldn't have thought they would have let him go unless it was his choice.

From a quick search. Reading offered a contract before the restart but was later withdrawn. Seems to have had a few serious injuries as well over the years. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

From a quick search. Reading offered a contract before the restart but was later withdrawn. Seems to have had a few serious injuries as well over the years. 

ACL injury, made his way back but as you say Covid saw his contract offer pulled. 

Archived