Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chuba Akpom has come on a lot since leaving Arsenal - he’s an athlete, of a good pedigree and is still only 24. At 6’1 he isn’t small either - probably why Warnock is after him at Boro.

Or if we’re continuing the Poland love-in, Dawid Kownacki is another great ‘all round’ striker. 6’2 but very mobile and has played out wide in the past. 6 caps, 1 goal for Poland and just 23 years old.

2 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

Chuba Akpom has come on a lot since leaving Arsenal - he’s an athlete, of a good pedigree and is still only 24. At 6’1 he isn’t small either - probably why Warnock is after him at Boro.

Or if we’re continuing the Poland love-in, Dawid Kownacki is another great ‘all round’ striker. 6’2 but very mobile and has played out wide in the past. 6 caps, 1 goal for Poland and just 23 years old.

Who does Akpom play for?

2 hours ago, SouthernRam said:

I’m sure Akpom failed a medical at Boro recently 

Scott Hogan is a good signing for Birmingham, but I wouldn't think he's what we would be looking for. He's a good finisher, but most other aspects of his game are really quite poor. He is also similar to Vydra as in he goes through stages of feast and famine. He scored 7 in 8 games for Birmingham then followed it up with 9 games without a goal. He's always been like that since being in the Championship. 

7 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Can Derby perhaps get loan player from wba callium robson.

No.

Only just joined them permanently following a very successful loan spell from sheff utd who have recieved Oliver burke from west Brom in the swap deal.

We wanted to sign him from preston about 2 or 3 seasons ago but they asked for 7million, which at the time was outrageous.

I have never felt so on a knife edge about a transfer window. 

Ideally get Jozefzoon out on loan /small fee.

Get in a creative/wide player and a decent, mobile, hold-up striker - maybe on a loan - and I would say we have wheeled and dealed very cleverly and upgraded every aspect of the team sensibly on a budget. 

If this is it or we get one more slightly disappointing player on a free and that's it... I would be really worried and feel we have left ourselves woefully short of what we need to get top 6.

Always want more but I honestly feel these are such crucial signings the next one or two who come in... 

Daniel Sturridge.

Hear me out.

Obviously, he got in a bit of trouble towards the end of last season.

He's been playing in Turkey, and obviously struggled out there.

He's available on a free, so it would just be wages. Rooney could have a word?

Now, he might want a big wage... but unless a PL team comes in for him, he'll not get it - PL teams might not think he's worth the gamble.

If he wants, say, £30k/week, then a 1 year contract is worth £1.5 million - offer him that with a bonus if we get promoted/he scores 20 goals.

Or make it pay to play and say something like £10k/week, £10k appearance fee, £10k per goal.

It would also annoy Steve Gibson, which has surely got to be a priority.

11 hours ago, SouthernRam said:

Only signed for Dusseldorf this year so i would say unlikely , however its the sort of player we should be looking at

32 minutes ago, erathirea said:

Daniel Sturridge.

Hear me out.

Obviously, he got in a bit of trouble towards the end of last season.

He's been playing in Turkey, and obviously struggled out there.

He's available on a free, so it would just be wages. Rooney could have a word?

Now, he might want a big wage... but unless a PL team comes in for him, he'll not get it - PL teams might not think he's worth the gamble.

If he wants, say, £30k/week, then a 1 year contract is worth £1.5 million - offer him that with a bonus if we get promoted/he scores 20 goals.

Or make it pay to play and say something like £10k/week, £10k appearance fee, £10k per goal.

It would also annoy Steve Gibson, which has surely got to be a priority.

I'd be more concerned about his ability to be fit for 20 games than his ability to score 20 goals.

2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I'm not saying this is anything other than bs. Just trying to understand the thought process behind linking us with ANOTHER CB?

I've been waiting for us to be linked to Van Ginkel. We desperately need something in midfield and he would be great.

For me, the fact a left back is mentioned in the article kinda gives it a bit of credibility, as either they are very lucky with picking that player or they know we need a left back.

Never heard of Baba, but let's hope it's TRUE.

Archived