Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

9 minutes ago, Topram said:

It’s tough, I struggle to think of any strikers that’ll come in on our budget and make a difference 

Maybe looking at some of the out of contract players might become relevant for example Danny Graham - yes 34 but if it’s plugging holes and giving us some shape those kind of people are available.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Maybe looking at some of the out of contract players might become relevant for example Danny Graham - yes 34 but if it’s plugging holes and giving us some shape those kind of people are available.

If Danny Graham is the answer I am not sure what the question is ?

Already signed for Sunderland (thank god)

If its loan with possible purchase I think benik Afobe, hal Robson kanu and isaac success might be worth a look. All big, can play with back to goal and with a bitnofnpace and strength.

If it's a straight loan maybe Michael obafemi from Southampton.

If it's a cheap punt McCauley bonne from charlton.

If it's a bit of a fee and potential long term answer McCauley Woodrow from barnsley.

All could do a job without 150k a week wages.

It’s interesting that league 1 is just a blank no go for any possible options up front. Behind Toney on 24 goals the next person last season were a while behind and both of them have already been transferred this summer. Literally nothing that inspires as having a particularly strong record in league 1 to give any enthusiasm about being able to perform decent figures in the championship. Surely this signing is going to have to come from abroad. Wigan have been pretty picked over now. The only two who are left of the relegated clubs as options is bonne and Woodrow but doesn’t seem to be anything coming after some early rumours about championship clubs interested at the start of the summer. I can’t remember it being this bad before, normally there’s at least a couple you’d look at and not be disappointed if the club took a punt on them

2 minutes ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

It’s interesting that league 1 is just a blank no go for any possible options up front. Behind Toney on 24 goals the next person last season were a while behind and both of them have already been transferred this summer. Literally nothing that inspires as having a particularly strong record in league 1 to give any enthusiasm about being able to perform decent figures in the championship. Surely this signing is going to have to come from abroad. Wigan have been pretty picked over now. The only two who are left of the relegated clubs as options is bonne and Woodrow but doesn’t seem to be anything coming after some early rumours about championship clubs interested at the start of the summer. I can’t remember it being this bad before, normally there’s at least a couple you’d look at and not be disappointed if the club took a punt on them

Barnsley didn’t get relegated.

On 10/09/2020 at 20:36, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

I had a watch of the Bosnia v Poland game earlier in the week (mainly to check out Jozwiak) and thought that the lad who was playing up front for Bosnia looked pretty useful. Elvir Koljic. Plays for Universitatea Craiova in the Romanian league. Already scored 2 in 2 this season.

Make that 4 in 3 now.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Would be brilliant but I think we're way down the pecking order if he's allowed to leave on loan. 

possibly. but he came to the championship last season. ok to the favourites to go up. but was only used as an impact sub to run at already tired defenders. to me the lad needs game time and with our lack of striking options we can defo guarantee that

2 hours ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

possibly. but he came to the championship last season. ok to the favourites to go up. but was only used as an impact sub to run at already tired defenders. to me the lad needs game time and with our lack of striking options we can defo guarantee that

I would love to get him. 

We could also offer game time to one of Liverpool 's brightest young hopes Paul Glatzel. He returned to training after an injury a few months back and is very highly rated. 

Archived