Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It's a shame we couldnt get Lukas Jutkiwicz (excuse spelling), he would be a good option.

Funnily enough, when we were linked with him about 4 years ago I was so underwhelmed, as we thought the Premier League was a given. Now though, I'd have him.

One of those players that's always been a thorn in our side, then would be a little pants for us.

41 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

One of those players that's always been a thorn in our side, then would be a little pants for us.

That's my take too, everytime we play against him I'm surprised how good he is, right back to his Coventry days. But u know we sign him he would do nothing.

Same with Billy Sharp, he has scored goals wherever he went, for us he wouldnt hit a barn door.

6 hours ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

possibly. but he came to the championship last season. ok to the favourites to go up. but was only used as an impact sub to run at already tired defenders. to me the lad needs game time and with our lack of striking options we can defo guarantee that

Only to play in 17 of Arsenals final 25 games, missing 3 of those due to suspension, and 2 were a few days after returning from Leeds.

18 minutes ago, Longeatonram2020 said:

Kind of player we need! With him up top and Bueno Cywka and Commons behind we scored for fun. 

Lawrence Jozwiak and Ibe behind a striker like him and we’d thrive. 

Over time, players reputations grow or fade away.

Kuqi, Beuno, Cywka and Commons didn't exactly bang the goals in - maybe Commons had a decent strike rate but that is it but we look at that now on paper and go - I'd have that right now!

On 14/09/2020 at 19:19, Sparkle said:

Maybe looking at some of the out of contract players might become relevant for example Danny Graham - yes 34 but if it’s plugging holes and giving us some shape those kind of people are available.

He is who we should have signed for back up to Martin instead of Darren Bent. 

20 hours ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

what about eddie nketiah on loan from arsenal? Didnt really get the game time at leeds

From what I've seen of him he looks more like an upgrade on Marriott - a taker of chances rather than a physical, pacey player who's hold-up play is decent.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Over time, players reputations grow or fade away.

Kuqi, Beuno, Cywka and Commons didn't exactly bang the goals in - maybe Commons had a decent strike rate but that is it but we look at that now on paper and go - I'd have that right now!

We had a run of games at home where we’d be scoring at least 3 goals. Think we beat Palace 5-0 too at one point

37 minutes ago, Longeatonram2020 said:

We had a run of games at home where we’d be scoring at least 3 goals. Think we beat Palace 5-0 too at one point

I was at that one....they had a man sent off early doors and Bueno + commons ran the show. We looked really good for about 7 or 8 games before nigel fell out with kuqi and brought in luke moore I think.

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I was at that one....they had a man sent off early doors and Bueno + commons ran the show. We looked really good for about 7 or 8 games before nigel fell out with kuqi and brought in luke moore I think.

It's impossible not to fall out with Kuqi TBH.

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

We literally fell to pieces when Luke Moore came in and almost got relegated. Nigel fell out with a lot of players didn’t he? 

Archived