Star Wars

Day

2 hours ago, maxjam said:

Yeah I still need to watch The Clone Wars myself.  I picked The Bad Batch first as I don't generally spend a lot of time watching tv, 16 half hour episodes was a lot more doable than 7 seasons/100+ episodes!

Ditto. It’s a bit daunting. Clone wars is weird as well, it was all originally shown completely out of order, so I’ve found a website that shows me the order to watch it in. I’d really like to watch it with my kids, but they have to wait til I’ve got a spare half an hour. They could be adults by the time we’ve finished. 

40 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Ditto. It’s a bit daunting. Clone wars is weird as well, it was all originally shown completely out of order, so I’ve found a website that shows me the order to watch it in. I’d really like to watch it with my kids, but they have to wait til I’ve got a spare half an hour. They could be adults by the time we’ve finished. 

Hmm, didn't know about - just googled it myself and found the viewing order ?

I'd like to say I'm watching it with my kids but the Star Wars fan is at Uni and the younger one and missus aren't interested.  So I'm watching them alone.  Not that I'm a sad, lonely nerd or anything...

• 3 months later...
On 25/11/2021 at 22:19, maxjam said:

Hmm, didn't know about - just googled it myself and found the viewing order ?

I'd like to say I'm watching it with my kids but the Star Wars fan is at Uni and the younger one and missus aren't interested.  So I'm watching them alone.  Not that I'm a sad, lonely nerd or anything...

There’s also two versions of clone wars a ones not canon though

33 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Me too!

Should we draw our own conclusions about the fact that no one has even bothered to mention the Book Of Boring Fett?

I enjoyed it as general star wars stories, it kinda drifted away from Boba Fett and I think upset a few fans cos they wanted to see him flying around the galaxy being a cold-hearted badass collecting bounties etc.  

7/10 flattered to deceive at times but still very enjoyable - looking forwards to seeing Mando 3 however now that he has his force sensitive sidekick back and Kenobi (from the glimpse we've seen) looks excellent ?

7 hours ago, maxjam said:

I enjoyed it as general star wars stories, it kinda drifted away from Boba Fett and I think upset a few fans cos they wanted to see him flying around the galaxy being a cold-hearted badass collecting bounties etc.  

7/10 flattered to deceive at times but still very enjoyable - looking forwards to seeing Mando 3 however now that he has his force sensitive sidekick back and Kenobi (from the glimpse we've seen) looks excellent ?

The Mandalorian was really the Boba Fett series we all wanted. And it hasn’t really disappointed in that respect. Book of Boba Fett was good, but as you say, it’s not really what people were expecting from him. To be fair, he is getting on a bit, so this was more like his retirement story.

Mando is basically Boba Fett for this generation. 

Live action Cad Bane was cool. Especially now I’m watching through the Clone Wars and seeing what a bad ass he is. I would’ve liked to have a seen a live action Omega appearance. But it probably wouldn’t have made sense if you’ve not seen the bad batch, which probably a lot of people haven’t. She’s got history with Cad Bane, Fennick Shand and Rangkors though. I wonder who they would have cast as her.

I think the timelines might start getting a bit confusing for some. Boba Fett is some 20-30-odd years after the bad batch (although Bona would have been a boy during Bad Batch at the end of the Clone Wars, and now he looks a lot older than 30-40, but he has been in a Sarlack Pit I suppose, so who knows.

My wife is already a bit confused with where Obi Wan sits in with it all. It’s before Mando, before the fall of the empire, just after Revenge of the Sith and before A New Hope. But after the clone wars, so Boba Fett would be around. It’s set on Tattooine, so some characters might pop up that we recognise, but they’ll be a lot younger than they would be in Boba Fett. 

And it looks like it has more than a few Rebels tie ins, so I’m going to have to start watching that now too. 

Edited by TigerTedd

3 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

The Mandalorian was really the Boba Fett series we all wanted. And it hasn’t really disappointed in that respect. Book of Boba Fett was good, but as you say, it’s not really what people were expecting from him. To be fair, he is getting on a bit, so this was more like his retirement story.

Mando is basically Boba Fett for this generation. 

Definitely agree - the way it more or less turned into The Mandalorian Season 2.5 halfway through is testament to that fact. 

I know it was supposed to be a surprise, but they might have actually fared better with it critically if they'd be honest up front about how it was a continuation of the Mandalorian story arc. Selling it as a standalone Boba Fett series meant that by Episode 4 it was starting to get disappointing to see Boba just wandering round trying to be all reasonable and diplomatic

• 1 month later...

Not really an aficionado as such, but have enjoyed the early movies and the most recent ones. The ones in the middle I kinda glossed over as they felt like an afterthought to me but perhaps I do them an injustice.

Loved the first series of The Mandalorian, but strangely couldn't get through the second one. Tried again a frew weeks back and really enjoyed it. Odd!

Liked Boba Fett too. Always found Temuera Morrison pretty watchable since I first clocked him in the grim but brilliant Once Were Warriors. Fun fact that you lot will most likely know anyway - his middle name is Derek. Doesn't really conjure up visions of Maori warriors, but hey! 

For those who are into gaming - play the new Lego Star Wars game, a Skywalker Saga.

I play most Lego games with my son, as they’re great games with fun concepts. My goodness, this game is very good though. I’ve played more on my own after he’s gone to bed than with him! Great fun, one of the best Star Wars games made in my opinion.