Star Wars

Day

38 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Tomorrow...

Finally got round to watching Book of Boba Fett. Slow start, but enjoyed the middle to end, especially familiar faces showing up. Although it did become some extra episodes of the Mandalorian really.

Do you have high hopes for this one? 

37 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Finally got round to watching Book of Boba Fett. Slow start, but enjoyed the middle to end, especially familiar faces showing up. Although it did become some extra episodes of the Mandalorian really.

Do you have high hopes for this one? 

I enjoyed the Book of Boba Fett in a more of a general Star Warsy story than purely Boba Fett kinda way.  Its started off detailing his escape from the Sarlacc then kinda drifted away from what we expected (and was redeemed by Mando showing up tbh)

Yeah, I've got really high hopes for Kenobi.  I've heard some good (general) stuff about it as I've been avoiding spoilers.  We've got the first two episodes to look forwards to tomorrow.

Also for us Star Wars nerds, the Andor trailer has just dropped - very much looking forwards to this one as well ?

Edited by maxjam

33 minutes ago, maxjam said:

And even more Star Wars news...

Good news that it's heading back our way, but I was sort of hoping for it to start in November/December, as that seems to be the way (this is the  way?) - it makes me feel christmassy! 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, maxjam said:

Aaaaaand with that episode all is forgiven ?

Kenobi finale next week then onto Andor at the end of August - with hopefully a bit of non Star Wars related good news in the meantime...

Not seen it yet, no spoilers. 

I was really worried when Disney announced so maybe Star Wars projects. How am I going to watch all of those as well as keeping ion with all the Marvel tv shows. 

I was picturing 20 episodes a series, running forever.

But this six episode mini series model, with no guarantee of a second series, is spot on for me. I can just about keep on top of that.

and because it’s all part of one shared universe, just because something doesn’t get a second series, doesn’t mean those characters won’t pop up again, like mando in Bona Fett. It’s not really season 1 of this and season 2 of that. It’s really season 1 of the Star Wars EU, and season 2 of the Star Wars EU.

I’m enjoying it. 

Just now, TigerTedd said:

Not seen it yet, no spoilers. 

I was really worried when Disney announced so maybe Star Wars projects. How am I going to watch all of those as well as keeping ion with all the Marvel tv shows. 

I was picturing 20 episodes a series, running forever.

But this six episode mini series model, with no guarantee of a second series, is spot on for me. I can just about keep on top of that.

and because it’s all part of one shared universe, just because something doesn’t get a second series, doesn’t mean those characters won’t pop up again, like mando in Bona Fett. It’s not really season 1 of this and season 2 of that. It’s really season 1 of the Star Wars EU, and season 2 of the Star Wars EU.

I’m enjoying it. 

Yeah you can't really have a long multi-season Kenobi show, by A New Hope Vader hasn't felt his presence for a long time and he's been camping out on Tatooine.  A one of nostalgia series is all he needs imo, unless you skip back further in time to the Clone Wars.  

I was starting to get concerned that Kenobi was starting to ruin his legacy and focus on other characters too much but ep#5 fixed a few concerns imo.  It will be interesting to see how they finish it and there could definitely be a spin of show now...

IIRC Andor is twice as long with 12 episodes but I could be mistaken.  Got high hopes for it as it could expand the universe in similar ways to The Mandalorian.

2 hours ago, maxjam said:

Yeah you can't really have a long multi-season Kenobi show, by A New Hope Vader hasn't felt his presence for a long time and he's been camping out on Tatooine.  A one of nostalgia series is all he needs imo, unless you skip back further in time to the Clone Wars.  

I was starting to get concerned that Kenobi was starting to ruin his legacy and focus on other characters too much but ep#5 fixed a few concerns imo.  It will be interesting to see how they finish it and there could definitely be a spin of show now...

IIRC Andor is twice as long with 12 episodes but I could be mistaken.  Got high hopes for it as it could expand the universe in similar ways to The Mandalorian.

I read a headline today that says taika waititi is specifically interested in making stories about completely new characters, like mando, and exploring the universe that way. Although, it’s such a close nit universe now, with hundreds of established characters, that you’d struggle not to have a cameo or two to get the fan boys all moist. 

I watched a new rockstars video recently where they broke down the line in a new hope where darth Vader says ‘now I am the master,’ and how it works and has new meaning now in context with Oni-wan. 

I’ve got a lot of time for new rockstars, but that sort of thing is really taking piss. No way George Lucas had that level of back story in mind when he wrote that line. Just a vague backstory of anniken being obi-wans apprentice in the past. 

I just imagine if they did decide to do more episodes, and took it right up to rogue one, people would be going mental that ‘but Vader said he hadn’t felt his presence for a long time’, and then you’d get people like Eric voss justifying it with ‘oh, but he didn’t mean it like that, he was talking about it in this context, b******* b*******.’

when the truth is, it’s a cool character, and other creative people had ideas for cool adventures he could go on, and it might not fit 100% with the vague idea Lucas had when he first wrote it. 

20 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I read a headline today that says taika waititi is specifically interested in making stories about completely new characters, like mando, and exploring the universe that way. Although, it’s such a close nit universe now, with hundreds of established characters, that you’d struggle not to have a cameo or two to get the fan boys all moist. 

I watched a new rockstars video recently where they broke down the line in a new hope where darth Vader says ‘now I am the master,’ and how it works and has new meaning now in context with Oni-wan. 

I’ve got a lot of time for new rockstars, but that sort of thing is really taking piss. No way George Lucas had that level of back story in mind when he wrote that line. Just a vague backstory of anniken being obi-wans apprentice in the past. 

I just imagine if they did decide to do more episodes, and took it right up to rogue one, people would be going mental that ‘but Vader said he hadn’t felt his presence for a long time’, and then you’d get people like Eric voss justifying it with ‘oh, but he didn’t mean it like that, he was talking about it in this context, b******* b*******.’

when the truth is, it’s a cool character, and other creative people had ideas for cool adventures he could go on, and it might not fit 100% with the vague idea Lucas had when he first wrote it. 

I guess it's equal parts fun and infuriating for the writers having to retrofit their plotlines to some random throwaway line in a film from 40 odd years ago! I agree though - the blogosphere are overthinking it all massively

Very much enjoyed Kenobi ?

I felt it was drifting away from what I hoped during the middle few episodes but it ended on a high and hopefully sets up future series (although I would hope they focus more on what Obi-wan does aside from repeatedly facing Vader).

Roll on Andor.

10 hours ago, maxjam said:

Very much enjoyed Kenobi ?

I felt it was drifting away from what I hoped during the middle few episodes but it ended on a high and hopefully sets up future series (although I would hope they focus more on what Obi-wan does aside from repeatedly facing Vader).

Roll on Andor.

The last episode was just brilliant. 

8 minutes ago, r4derby said:

The last episode got the balance right between action, story and emotion. Quite an achievement when everyone knew what was going to happen in the end, unless they wanted to break the world!

Imagine the internet meltdown if obi-wan had straight up killed Vader in the last episode, and it was was revealed to be a complete timeline reboot. 

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Agree @maxjam. This is the one I've reaaaaally been looking forward to! Just something about it, loved the teaser previously.

Something about prequels that bugs me though - when you go backwards, you don't get any sense of jeopardy. Will Andor die in this new series cliffhanger? No of course not as we know he's in Rogue One. Same with the whole "will they won't they get the death star plans" in Rogue One - it's all just exposition rather than suspense. It has it's place of course, and we fanboys love to have it all officially explained how and when it all happened, but it's much more fun when you have no idea where it's headed