Forum Zoom Meetup

Day

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I agree it’s a bit of an awkward time.

Saturday 5pm, right after the football has finished, what would you usually be doing?

If I organised it for Monday at 8pm when EastEnders is on, fair enough but these new routines have been in place what, 3 weeks?

Behave yourself  

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, David said:

Saturday 5pm, right after the football has finished, what would you usually be doing?

If I organised it for Monday at 8pm when EastEnders is on, fair enough but these new routines have been in place what, 3 weeks?

Behave yourself  

I’d usually be on my way home to eat my tea.

Just giving my personal view. My mum is in control of eating times, aside from the night I cook (which I now do once a week and which I’ve changed from Saturday to Friday to accommodate this meet up). Other people might control their own cooking and eating times but might still have spouses, kids, etc to work around. 5-7pm is a common time to cook or eat. You see it with Rich, Angie, me and others having to leave early.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I’d usually be on my way home to eat my tea.

Just giving my personal view. My mum is in control of eating times, aside from the night I cook (which I now do once a week and which I’ve changed from Saturday to Friday to accommodate this meet up). Other people might control their own cooking and eating times but might still have spouses, kids, etc to work around. 5-7pm is a common time to cook or eat. You see it with Rich, Angie, me and others having to leave early.

You need a new mum

2 hours ago, David said:

You need a new mum

He's already got two great ones! ?

Actually,  Saturday 5 pm clashes with our family quiz. So far DCFC fans has won out because you got there first, but I am coming under pressure from the siblings! 

Having said that, later wouldn't suit me either as I attend a virtual vinyl night every Saturday evening at 8.30 pm too.

Can't believe that I have only three commitments a week and they all fall on a Saturday with the potential for overlap. 

Might be nice to trial one on a different day/time at some point to see if anyone different turns up otherwise you might get pretty bored of the same old faces every week.

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

Having said that, later wouldn't suit me either as I attend a virtual vinyl night every Saturday evening at 8.30 pm too.

You're not doing your rep any favours, young lady! 

... Or my blood pressure, for that matter!  ?

#cantwaittomeetyou

Spandex-Wet-Look-Vinyl-Catsuit-Faux-Leat

6 minutes ago, David said:

I’m open to changing the day if it suits more people, need some suggestions that are well supported 

I'm good for any day, any time ?.

I'm just as likely to have something better to do (wash my hair, pass the vacuum cleaner......) at any time as I won't be going out.

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

I'm good for any day, any time ?.

I'm just as likely to have something better to do (wash my hair, pass the vacuum cleaner......) at any time as I won't be going out.

Blimey... That's gonna hurt!
And why would you eat one of them anyway.  Is it a Semana Santa tradition?  ? 

12 hours ago, David said:

I’m open to changing the day if it suits more people, need some suggestions that are well supported 

In my opinion, Saturday is best, but with a 7 or 8pm start time. You exclude too many with a start time between 5 and 7, and some people may be out in the garden earlier than that.

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

In my opinion, Saturday is best, but with a 7 or 8pm start time. You exclude too many with a start time between 5 and 7, and some people may be out in the garden earlier than that.

I can leave the meeting open longer to catch all, 5 till when I’m the last one standing.

The idea was straight after the football had finished, didn’t think people would have deeply ingrained family traditions of 5pm Saturday dinners after just 3 weeks! ?

I think opening it up longer is the only real option and with Zoom it’s easy for people to drop in and out when they like as it’s just a click of a link unlike Skype. 

So tomorrow if we have anyone that fancies joining from 5pm onwards that hasn’t been on before let me know and I will forward the room login details 

Archived