Forum Zoom Meetup

David

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those that are interested in joining the video group call this Saturday at 5pm, Skype isn't really setup for what I wanted so this week we will be using Zoom. If it's good enough for the government, it's good enough for me it will now take place on Zoom

https://zoom.us

It's free to register an account and I will be purchasing a hosting plan for us all.

Members that are interested, drop me a PM and I will send the meet ID and password for you all to login on Saturday. I would post it publicly but don't want Boris Johnson randomly joining. 

12 minutes ago, Coconut said:

This sounds like a great idea but being telephonophobic it's not really something I could join in with, even if it would encourage me to have a shower and at least appear presentable once a week.

@richinspain came in his dressing room and I was severely hungover with a duvet on my head for the first 10 minutes so wouldn't worry too much about appearance. 

Also with Zoom it will be a grid of everyones webcams across the screen, you won't go full screen or anything like that. Have a couple of beers before and watch the RamsTV game thats on and you will loosen up a bit for this. I'm not great at public speaking or in front of large groups, but last week was pretty chilled out after the initial can you see me questions. 

Jump on, can always dip out if it's not for you

4 minutes ago, David said:

@richinspain came in his dressing room and I was severely hungover with a duvet on my head for the first 10 minutes so wouldn't worry too much about appearance. 

Also with Zoom it will be a grid of everyones webcams across the screen, you won't go full screen or anything like that. Have a couple of beers before and watch the RamsTV game thats on and you will loosen up a bit for this. I'm not great at public speaking or in front of large groups, but last week was pretty chilled out after the initial can you see me questions. 

Jump on, can always dip out if it's not for you

I would like to take the opportunity to categorically deny that I came in my dressing room. It is true however that I did pass the hour and a half in my dressing gown. No @Boycie, it was not a smoking jacket!

1 minute ago, richinspain said:

I would like to take the opportunity to categorically deny that I came in my dressing room. It is true however that I did pass the hour and a half in my dressing gown. No @Boycie, it was not a smoking jacket!

Was this wasn't it?

antique_1.jpg

2 hours ago, David said:

Ok, I now have the Zoom meet URL and password ready for tomorrow at 5pm. 

Drop me a PM those that wish to join.

Would like to join but 5 pm is the time of the virtual Grand National. Anybody else watching that? If not, I can record it and watch it later. 

27 minutes ago, angieram said:

Would like to join but 5 pm is the time of the virtual Grand National. Anybody else watching that? If not, I can record it and watch it later. 

You can drop in after your virtual donkey race, Zoom works a bit different to Skype. Instead of having to call you all, you will have a link, on entering type in the password and you will be in the chat. 

My brother set up a Zoom thing today for his daughters 18th, there was about 15 households involved and we all sang happy birthday with as much synchronisation as the North, East, South and West Stands manage doing Steve Bloomer's Watching at Pride Park.......

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

My brother set up a Zoom thing today for his daughters 18th, there was about 15 households involved and we all sang happy birthday with as much synchronisation as the North, East, South and West Stands manage doing Steve Bloomer's Watching at Pride Park.......

Is that a yes for next sat then?

@GboroRam and @rynny said they’re not busy too.

Archived