v Manchester United (H) - Matchday Thread

Sean

9 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I'd be interested to see what team United put out, but I'd certainly expect their strongest team out. I think I'd look to pack the defence with as much pace as we can as they have a lot of it in attacking areas, but their lack of midfield mobility does play into our favour. I can understand the reason for picking Marriott over Martin, considering that the CBs are excellent when man marking, but struggle with a bit of pace. 

I expect it to be a competitive game with a free hit for our young players to put themselves in the public eye. Rooney will take all the focus naturally. 

One thing in our favour is no Rashford, not sure they'll want to risk martial? Would mean Ighalo or Greenwood up front which is no bad thing

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the last round against Tranmere, they wielded quite a strong side.

Romero, Dalot, Lindelöf, Jones, Maguire, Shaw, Matic, Pereira, Lingard, Greenwood, Martial.

Martial and Matic were taken off at the break as they were already leading 0-5. I'd expect something similar against us. Strong lineup, but certainly nothing to be afraid of.

32 minutes ago, Shaftesbury Street said:

Fully expecting a full strength United team.

They have picked up a bit of form recently, especially with Bruno joining. 

Yes they have.

I hope Phillip goes out to win. We have a good-ish chance. If we can replicate that first half against Sheff W {where did that come from?} I quite fancy it to be close but if we go half-baked we’ll comfortably lose. 

Roos

Bogle        Wisdom    Clarke    Fozzy

Bird 

Knight                Rooney (C)

Waghorn           Martin             Lawrence 

Subs- Hamer, Davies, Lowe, Evans, Shinnie, Jozefzoon, Marriott

- With the presumption Sibley and Whittaker will travel with the under 19’s.

Imagine United will go with something like:

Romero, Dalot, Bailly, Maguire, Williams, Matic, Mata, Lingard, Greenwood, Ighalo, Chong

No reason why we can't beat this lot. They'll be the favourites, but we don't have any pressure on us and we don't lose at home very often. Would be some achievement to reach the quarter finals knocking out two Premier League sides if we can do it.

6 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Yes they have.

I hope Phillip goes out to win. We have a good-ish chance. If we can replicate that first half against Sheff W {where did that come from?} I quite fancy it to be close but if we go half-baked we’ll comfortably lose. 

It came from the land of "Ooh big game coming up later this week, and I could make myself famous, so I'll up my game, in the hope that I keep my place for Thursday"!

I think Derby can win

Hamer

Same back 4

I make a slight change 

Midfield more less same

My change come to forward areas

I pay roony upfront with Lawrence 

Chris martin just behind them

Look for through balls and clever passes to roony or Lawrence.

On 01/03/2020 at 14:09, Angry Ram said:

More worried about the M1 than anything else, gonna be rammed.. United meh.. Yesterday’s news.

Not a scarf out of the window guy but this might be an exception.. Me and @oomarkwright will be the Derby boys heading south after the game. Convoy?

I think you mean me, @Angry Ram , but three of us will be heading up for this one and meeting my daughter, who is currently at Derby University, for the game. COYR.

The journey back down the M1 will be great if we manage to beat the Reds again. I remember last year's Carabao Cup match when our hotel ran out of beer.

Archived