Coronavirus

1of4

37 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Reports once came out of America advocating coronavirus might be treated by injecting disinfectant into the body. 

The drug you refer to is under clinical trials at the moment, along with lots more. 

Ultraviolet tubing also being inserted into the body too. But people are so deranged that because Donald Trump spoke of these things, they must be bad or stupid. As if the guy just wakes up and thinks of these things himself.. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Archied said:

Sorry billy but it called giving it back ,you can call pointing out hypocrisy in the most finger pointing posters ranting and raving if you like it’s up to you,

to think the idea of just working from home is anywhere near the real suffering people in this is totally laughable 

im willing to bet that b4 has had to put building his extension on hold now his job at the cinema is furloughed and under threat , but hey cinemas and the like are just luxuries, it’s not like we are living in dungeons ??,

I dont live on my own as I never cope and I live my mum and dad but does not make and easier for me.

But I am worried about my job with one site shut down permeantly it does make me worried my site could be next I just hope not all because freaking goverment.

49 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I dont live on my own as I never cope and I live my mum and dad but does not make and easier for me.

But I am worried about my job with one site shut down permeantly it does make me worried my site could be next I just hope not all because freaking goverment.

I really hope things work out ok for you job wise mate , if it were up to me you would be back at work tomorrow 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/invited-covid-vaccine-because-nhs-19857990

The man from the surgery took a sharp intake of breath and tried to remain composed as he informed me that rather than having my height registered as six foot two, it had been put into the system as 6.2 centimetres.

I'm not sure how he kept it together when he told me that this, combined with my weight, had given me a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 28,000.

In amongst the awfulness this did make me laugh

1 hour ago, Uptherams said:

Ultraviolet tubing also being inserted into the body too. But people are so deranged that because Donald Trump spoke of these things, they must be bad or stupid. As if the guy just wakes up and thinks of these things himself.. 

The point being that you can't just introduce an unproven drug into the world.

21 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

The point being that you can't just introduce an unproven drug into the world.

Just going back to cancer drug that appears to have cured seriously ill covid patients in Israel, surely its criminal negligence if our government aren't urging trials on ICU wards at the very least.

Maybe they are and we don't know about it but if not, why, they are letting people die when there is a chance of saving them.

I genuinely thought this would be news, reporters asking questions etc.

4 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/03/one-pfizerbiontech-jab-gives-90-immunity-from-covid-after-21-days

Are sure? As I understand, you’re protected 3 weeks after your first thus allowing the jabs to be spread apart. This process has allowed us to give the first dose and “protect” 17m people.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/covid-19-uk-vindicated-over-brave-decision-to-delay-second-vaccine-dose-who-official-says-12211550

Beats me why they were recommending two doses in the first place, if that's the case.

Incidentally, the Astra Zeneca vaccination 'only' offers 76% protection.

Don't get me wrong - it's better than nothing, and I do think that it's more likely to reduce deaths overall by giving a single dose to more people. In my case, I'm highly unlikely to come in contact with the virus unless I'm desperately unlucky. Everything is delivered, we have no face-to-face contact with anyone, and that will continue, by and large, until 3 weeks after my wife has her second shot (so the end of May).

2 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Just going back to cancer drug that appears to have cured seriously ill covid patients in Israel, surely its criminal negligence if our government aren't urging trials on ICU wards at the very least.

Maybe they are and we don't know about it but if not, why, they are letting people die when there is a chance of saving them.

It's an experimental drug, currently being manufactured in very limited quantities by the University of Tel Aviv, I think, and which is still undergoing Phase 1 clinical trials.

11 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Beats me why they were recommending two doses in the first place, if that's the case.

Incidentally, the Astra Zeneca vaccination 'only' offers 76% protection.

You probably already know this but 76%-82% protection after 1-2 doses.

More importantly however, 100% protection against hospitalization and death - you may still have around a 20% chance of catching covid but it won't be severe.

https://www.astrazeneca.com/media-centre/press-releases/2021/covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca-confirms-protection-against-severe-disease-hospitalisation-and-death-in-the-primary-analysis-of-phase-iii-trials.html

7 minutes ago, maxjam said:

More importantly however, 100% protection against hospitalization and death - you may still have around a 20% chance of catching covid but it won't be severe.

https://www.astrazeneca.com/media-centre/press-releases/2021/covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca-confirms-protection-against-severe-disease-hospitalisation-and-death-in-the-primary-analysis-of-phase-iii-trials.html

According to the latest figures, us oldies will be safe if we just exterminate all the kids. I always knew they were troublesome plague rats anyway, going on my lawn.

4 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Cost of such drugs would likely be prohibitive, would have to be a big swing in life giving opportunity to use it for anything but cancer treatment if some similar but not quite as effective results were available by other cheaper means. Unless your willing and able to fund it through private health insurance which will rear it's head in the next 6 months when treatments are fine tuned.

image.png.5905f815829d984e26a3bce5a2c79f71.png

6 hours ago, maxjam said:

This is the key point for me @Eddiein another week or so the highly vulnerable will be 100% protected from becoming hospitalised and seriously ill (according to statistics).

The second dose is a booster and that gives long term protection. How long term though they don’t know, but if I was you I wouldn’t be surprised if you have to have this every year for the rest of your life. I’m 30 and il no doubt be made to have one this year even though it’s highly unlikely to affect me. After a few years though itl just be offered to the vulnerable because of the cost of vaccinating the whole population year on year.

1 minute ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

This is the key point for me @Eddiein another week or so the highly vulnerable will be 100% protected from becoming hospitalised and seriously ill (according to statistics).

It was 100% in the trial, which while promising, doesn't imply 100% overall. Notice their confidence intervals for their other figures? They don't provide such for the 100% figure, as they can't with the dataset they have. 

Also, it's not 'according to statistics', it's according to this particular study. You also have to consider that not everyone can get vaccinated, there do exist people who don't respond to vaccines.

9 hours ago, Eddie said:

It's an experimental drug, currently being manufactured in very limited quantities by the University of Tel Aviv, I think, and which is still undergoing Phase 1 clinical trials.

And as I said the other day- it doesn't appear to be a fully licensed cancer drug yet, there is almost no mention of it anywhere if you search for the drug name without the word covid and results dated before the report about it curing covid patients. 

It does sound promising though, and I'm sure the manufacturers are doing all they can now to follow up the covid angle. Like with a lot of drugs - they end up being useful for stuff other than their intended purpose.  But I'm sure there is a long way to go, and I'm quite glad that the media aren't going crazy hyping it up at this early stage

Archived