Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Early reports are its 100% effective against hospitalization and death.  Do we want to prevent sniffs and sniffles as well?

Surely the end result of having the jab is to return to living your life again and leave those that don't want to take it to worry about themselves.

Depends, if I'm an employee and having someone who increases the risk of my employees being off sick, then maybe that's a risk I'm not prepared to take. BTW I haven't said throughout this if I agree with someone doing that or not.

18 minutes ago, Archied said:

Seems the logical end result of what your saying ,, what regulations do you believe should be put on those that can’t and or won’t have the vaccine then? You say the vaccine is not 100% so they are putting people at risk so if your not saying it should be mandated where do you put the boundary on what they can and can’t be allowed to do?

Find me any post I have said anything about the regulations of what an employee can or can't do. Please, I'm really interested to see where I said that ?

19 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

Are people just making up reasons to argue about now ?

No, that’s a stupid statement! And where is your data, links to academic studies, charts and examples from other countries forums where this has happened, to prove it? 

9 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Find me any post I have said anything about the regulations of what an employee can or can't do. Please, I'm really interested to see where I said that ?

I’m more interested in what you are saying , the question has been raised , should those not vaccinated in this country be allowed to be discriminated against in any way from work to any area of normal life then ? 

Let's say companies do introduce no jab no job approaches, are the same companies going to also encourage employees to stay at home when I'll, or will they continue to carry out return to work interviews to put employees under pressure not to be off ill in future ?

Some big decisions be made by employers so they don't give out confusing messages. 

1 minute ago, Archied said:

I’m more interested in what you are saying , the question has been raised , should those not vaccinated in this country be allowed to be discriminated against in any way from work to any area of normal life then ? 

Why are you interested in what I say ?? A few posts ago you were telling me what I thought, or did you maybe jump the gun a bit in your conclusions ?

17 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

No, that’s a stupid statement! And where is your data, links to academic studies, charts and examples from other countries forums where this has happened, to prove it? 

Says Mister "I've heard enough from experts". 

4 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

Let's say companies do introduce no jab no job approaches, are the same companies going to also encourage employees to stay at home when I'll, or will they continue to carry out return to work interviews to put employees under pressure not to be off ill in future ?

Some big decisions be made by employers so they don't give out confusing messages. 

What happens when we're (mostly) all vaccinated against covid and deaths are right down - do we then start tracking seasonal flu deaths (which run 10k-20k in normal years, 50k+ in bad years) 

If we go down the route of mandatory covid vaccines, do we then apply the same with seasonal flu shots?  

Why stop at flu or indeed any transmissible disease... Fag packets tell you smoking will kill you - why not ban smokers?  Or drinkers - how many working hours per year are lost due to hangovers etc? 

Some big decisions have to be made and pandora's box will be opened...

Sorry, I don’t take much part in this thread anymore, but I note today that quite a high percentage of care staff are not making themselves available for vaccination. I personally think that any care worker not prepared to be vaccinated, unless because of a pre-existing medical condition, should not be allowed to operate in a care role.

It also seems that quite a high percentage of the non-vaccinated care staff are BAME. Last year there was a huge amount of hand wringing that BAME persons were being unfairly and disproportionately affected by COVID. Surely it cant help the position that BAME care workers are apparently disproportionately not doing their bit.

3 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

You need to give up the Dubuisson Bush Prestige

Whilst we disagree on some matters, you have pulled a real gem out of the air there with the mention of Bush Prestige. That is, in my not-so-humble opinion, one of the greatest beers I have ever tasted. Bush Ambree/Charactere is wonderful in its own right, but the extra fermentation and six months in oak barrels lifts it to another plane entirely. I think the last one I had was a 2013, a couple of years ago.

4 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Whilst we disagree on some matters, you have pulled a real gem out of the air there with the mention of Bush Prestige. That is, in my not-so-humble opinion, one of the greatest beers I have ever tasted. Bush Ambree/Charactere is wonderful in its own right, but the extra fermentation and six months in oak barrels lifts it to another plane entirely. I think the last one I had was a 2013, a couple of years ago.

We may have more in common than you think ?

13 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yeah I agree with that, then people will have the choice on whether they use the establishments that are discriminatory. 

Although not forced arent some employers already being advised who they should be interviewing for jobs?

Well that's kind of where I was going with it - it would be a sticky wicket if someone were to be against the idea of something like the Rooney Rule (which only applies to interviewing - not to hiring) as being overly prescriptive on employers - but then also complained that the idea of employers being free to choose who they wanted to actually employ based on the legal criteria of their choosing being "absolutely horrific"

But your right - the choice is with the individuals then as to whether they continue to use that employer's services

Someone gave the example of Saga - the holiday company for old people - insisting on vaccinated employees. That's a tough choice for the pensioner eh? Do I go on holiday with Saga, knowing all their reps are vaccinated - or do I choose a holiday with a company where rep may give me covid?

Real world data apparantly showing both Pfizer and AZ vaccine cut transmission by around two thirds after just one dose.

Data also shows this applies across all age groups including the elderly.

Has to be good news if the path out of lockdown is going to be based on data not dates.

On the topic of vaccine 'passports' news today suggesting spain and greece may allow 'test free' travel for those who have had the vaccine, im guessing that means those who havent had it can still travel but with a negative test, so surely has to be a win/win if thats the case as those who havent/dont want to have the vaccine wont be excluded.

Archived