Coronavirus

1of4

41 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I was vaccinated Saturday, so I'm a week in. Sore arm that night - the wife was struggling but she is a big wuss - but nothing more. 2nd dose coming in April, bring it on. If they want a stamp in my passport, even better. 

Headache of the year yesterday. Feeling tickety-boo today.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I overpaid by around £800 last year (tax was being over-charged on one of my pensions funds). This year, I had the luxury of being able to delay an invoice in order to remain beneath the Class 2 contributions NI threshold, and the tax I owed was less than they owed me - so "Ah!. Smug mode".

Must be what is meant by the velocity of money....... From me to them to you to...... Belgium in a Box.... ?

2 hours ago, sage said:

Just had an email that they are vaccinating Notts CC foster carers from the 15th, I won't be one of the first due to being a Greek God but hope to get one by the end of the month. 

Which one did you get and did you get any side effects? 

Which Greek God are you. Arse?

38 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I had a pretty bad headache too with the AZ drug. Slept poorly the night after, and the next day felt very light headed, but that’s Microsoft cloud for you. Feeling tickety-boo today too.

5 hours ago, TexasRam said:

It is my way of thinking, and I don’t mind looking ridiculous, there’s a lot on here who come across ridiculous to me, which is perfectly fine. When the pubs re-open (if there are any left) id love a forum meet up as I think we might all not be as ridiculous as we come across on here. 

Not sure that's a good idea mate i don't want you claiming you got your round in 3-hours ago and it's plausible we had just all forgotten.

5 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Not sure that's a good idea mate i don't want you claiming you got your round in 3-hours ago and it's plausible we had just all forgotten.

That is a very plausible situation to be honest 

55 minutes ago, Eddie said:

that's what happens when you read the coronavirus thread 

37 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I had a pretty bad headache too with the AZ drug. Slept poorly the night after, and the next day felt very light headed, but that’s Microsoft cloud for you. Feeling tickety-boo today too.

So when are you going to Seattle for your service?

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Must be what is meant by the velocity of money....... From me to them to you to...... Belgium in a Box.... ?

Belgium in a Box is now in a box, unfortunately. They went bust. Luckily, I had no orders outstanding when they folded, and shifted to using Beers of Europe (Kings Lynn) from last November.

7 hours ago, TexasRam said:

I have personal Evidence that I won’t share on here and maybe why I’m so vocal about it, so how dare you say it’s tinfoil time. 

'Personal evidence' which you 'won't share'... honestly, I cannot think of any kind of evidence you could have and hide that would make your attempted argument here valid. 

Also, how dare I not call it tintoil time, it's literally tinfoil time, as demonstrated. 

7 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

The number of deaths registered in the UK in the week ending 15 January 2021 was 20,019, which was 4,347 higher than the five-year average; of deaths registered in the UK in the Week 7,766 deaths involved Covid-19.

There certainly isnt any obvious under reporting of Covid deaths here.

Is it possible that we are the only country reporting correctly hence why our death toll appears on the high side compared to others?

Given that you expect all cause mortality to be down due to the restrictions, the 5 year isn't always the best comparison at this point. As has been discussed for a long time on here, we won't know the full extent of the deaths in the UK or globally until this is all over. Death tolls from pandemics are always revised up though. 

13 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

So a summary of the previous few pages...

@Albert: Total deaths as a result of Covid is over 110,000.

@G STAR RAM: Net deaths as a result of Covid is actually closer to 60,000

Have I understood correctly?

@G STAR RAM certainly doesn't have such a clear claim. They're just randomly stabbing at the figures, hoping to spread some doubt it seems. 

Archived