Coronavirus

1of4

40 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yeah because as a 42 year old man, the best thing I could possibly think to do would be to go on a forum with people I don't know and just make up random stories.

Don't have any problem debating any issue with you and you making me look silly, but if you're just going to post childish tripe like this I would rather you not comment on my posts.

I won't block you because I believe in freedom of speech, however, if this is all you can resort to I certainly won't be engaging with you in future.

You reap what you sow.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all of the facts, alleged facts  that have been posted on here regarding this pandemic.

To keep save and have less chance of contracting the virus. Should I (a) start living rough while spending as much time as possible in pubs and/or other places of entertainment. Or should I (b) not venture out, stay at home, order everything I need online and get it delivered to my door, while making sure none of it as to come from outside the country, don't want to have more people than needed, who may be carrying the virus, coming into the country.  Or maybe (c) follow the government advice, that as done the country proud so far. 

It's all most confusing.

4 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

With all of the facts, alleged facts  that have been posted on here regarding this pandemic.

To keep save and have less chance of contracting the virus. Should I (a) start living rough while spending as much time as possible in pubs and/or other places of entertainment. Or should I (b) not venture out, stay at home, order everything I need online and get it delivered to my door, while making sure none of it as to come from outside the country, don't want to have more people than needed, who may be carrying the virus, coming into the country.  Or maybe (c) follow the government advice, that as done the country proud so far. 

It's all most confusing.

Personally, I would advise doing something that too many people have either forgotten how to do or been convinced that they are no longer allowed to do for themselves...use common sense.

8 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

It's all most confusing.

you forgot c) drink bleach 

2 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

It's all most confusing.

Option C is a bit of a gamble considering eat out to help out, scotch eggs, go to work with multitude but don’t go for a walk on your own, no use wearing a mask/ masks are essential, schools are safe oops no they are not so just all go back for a day mix and take it home , don’t close borders/ do close borders, send uni students back then lock them up ?‍♂️
I could go on but I think most get the jist of it ,

ive followed the rules like the vast majority but can tell you they don’t really make me and my family any safer they just make our lives hardly worth living whilst we wait to catch it

31 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

It's all most confusing.

live your life like you had the virus

Back from having the AZ vaccine.

Been to Babbington and have to say the organisation was excellent. Well done to those involved.

Thought I'd take a break from the fun and games of the petty bickering (yup I know I'm as must involved as anyone else ?) and share some good news

The ONS survey has finally shown a considerable decline in underlying infection prevalence in England. 

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/bulletins/coronaviruscovid19infectionsurveypilot/5february2021

On 27/01/2021 at 11:24, GboroRam said:

Well, I get my vaccine on Friday. @sage - have you heard anything? I know different local authorities are doing things their own way, not everyone is up for it. 

I'll apologise now if Bill Gates has taken over my account by Saturday morning. Still, better than CodeZero.

Just had an email that they are vaccinating Notts CC foster carers from the 15th, I won't be one of the first due to being a Greek God but hope to get one by the end of the month. 

Which one did you get and did you get any side effects? 

On 28/01/2021 at 16:55, Eddie said:

I've just done my bloody tax return. That'll keep them going a few weeks.

On 28/01/2021 at 16:56, TexasRam said:

Likewise, robbing gits ! 

Yes.....being a relatively simple and honest soul I expected a small bill for higher rate tax on a piddling amount of overseas dividend (£500 received). 

Only other income earned and taxed through paye. 

So when it worked out I owe 1,400 I was stumped. But given the times, I've coughed up anyway rather than start debating. It's for the greater good. 

3 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Yes.....being a relatively simple and honest soul I expected a small bill for higher rate tax on a piddling amount of overseas dividend (£500 received). 

So when it worked out I owe 1,400 I was stumped. But given the times, I've coughed up anyway rather than start debating. It's for the greater good. 

I was shocked at my bill, but there is nothing you can do it’s there, plus even if you wanted to challenged you’ve got no chance of getting through to HRMC 

1 hour ago, sage said:

Just had an email that they are vaccinating Notts CC foster carers from the 15th, I won't be one of the first due to being a Greek God but hope to get one by the end of the month. 

Which one did you get and did you get any side effects? 

I was vaccinated Saturday, so I'm a week in. Sore arm that night - the wife was struggling but she is a big wuss - but nothing more. 2nd dose coming in April, bring it on. If they want a stamp in my passport, even better. 

20 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I was vaccinated Saturday, so I'm a week in. Sore arm that night - the wife was struggling but she is a big wuss - but nothing more. 2nd dose coming in April, bring it on. If they want a stamp in my passport, even better. 

My side effects were very very strange, brain fog for around 2 hours, several hours after the jab. Never experienced anything like it before, all good now and happy to stamp my passport ?

25 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

which vaccine did you get?

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I overpaid by around £800 last year (tax was being over-charged on one of my pensions funds). This year, I had the luxury of being able to delay an invoice in order to remain beneath the Class 2 contributions NI threshold, and the tax I owed was less than they owed me - so "Ah!. Smug mode".

2 hours ago, BIllyD said:

Thought I'd take a break from the fun and games of the petty bickering (yup I know I'm as must involved as anyone else ?) and share some good news

The ONS survey has finally shown a considerable decline in underlying infection prevalence in England. 

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/bulletins/coronaviruscovid19infectionsurveypilot/5february2021

@TexasRam's prayers worked then.

Archived