Coronavirus

1of4

6 minutes ago, Archied said:

Come on billy you know enough about how I interact with you and read this thread often enough to know that covidiot, 5g, vaccine tracking are being thrown out again tonight so I’m playing the same silly game IN RESPONSE 

No probs with anyone playing the game mate, banter should be allowed for me, makes it more interesting ?

Just as long as you happy if someone throws them back...not that I'm saying you won't be ?

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, G STAR RAM said:

File it wherever you want, up your rear passage for all I care!

If you think that is what the Government said that is fine but don't attribute it to me.

Bit feisty there. I'm only reading your post ?

27 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Wouldn't have been any higher with them open according to your publication, sod "85 staying alive" by shutting the bingo halls, just get them all open, no risk to see here...facts back it up.

19 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No, not according to 'my' publication? According to the Government.

12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Care to show me where 'my publication' said that?

My interpretation based on the no correlation between the rise in cases, as I said I bought into it, I'm with you, im not questioning the figures ?

Im getting confused now though, maybe I got it wrong ? Are you saying there is a connection between the leisure sector and catching COVID or there isn't ? Is this then based on your publication or the government ?

1 minute ago, BIllyD said:

My interpretation based on the no correlation between the rise in cases, as I said I bought into it, I'm with you, im not questioning the figures ?

Im getting confused now though, maybe I got it wrong ? Are you saying there is a connection between the leisure sector and catching COVID or there isn't ? Is this then based on your publication or the government ?

I'm saying there is very little evidence available in the public domain that shows any correlation between the hospitality sector being open and a rise in cases.

There is even less showing a correlation between hospitaliy venues closing and infection rates falling. 

The data supplied by the Government to our trade body when pressed for it seems to back this up.

This has subsequently been reported on 'my publication'.

If you're finding that hard to understand perhaps we should leave it there.

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

That’s the only thing.
Are you denying that some sectors have been almost destroyed, kids have been starved an education and the young have had a year of their life stolen?  if you think I’ve made that up then people like you are extremely dangerous 

No, of course I'm not denying that. I was refuting your unsubstantiated tripe about "Well, people get ill in winter" and where you suggested that there were no 'flu cases because they were all being reported as Covid-19. Those are outright lies.

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm saying there is very little evidence available in the public domain that shows any correlation between the hospitality sector being open and a rise in cases.

There is even less showing a correlation between hospitaliy venues closing and infection rates falling. 

The data supplied by the Government to our trade body when pressed for it seems to back this up.

This has subsequently been reported on 'my publication'.

If you're finding that hard to understand perhaps we should leave it there.

As I said, from the start, perfectly clear ?

Would be good to see that data from the government that backs it up, I'm guessing only published to your trade or is it in the public domain yet ?

4 minutes ago, Eddie said:

No, of course I'm not denying that. I was refuting your unsubstantiated tripe about "Well, people get ill in winter" and where you suggested that there were no 'flu cases because they were all being reported as Covid-19. Those are outright lies.

So people don’t get ill in winter? 

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

Now come on Edward, I disagree with Lockdowns but I’m not someone who thinks the virus is spread via 5G or Bill Gates is planting microchips in people, I’m certainly no anti Vaxer. My one and only argument is the restrictions we have now are and will do more harm to our Country than they will do good especially to those who will inhabit it longest. That’s it, nothing, more nothing else, and yes sometimes I like to have a bit of a wind up with certain posters who I know are susceptible to ? and yes I know sometimes I go to far, which I always regret. So apologies to those I have in the past. 

Would they do more harm than killing a million if no restrictions had been in place?

Anyway, I'm backing out of this discussion for the next day or two. I have a blinding headache - possibly a side-effect of the vaccine, but more likely to be caused by banging my head against the brick wall this thread has become.

4 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

As I said, from the start, perfectly clear ?

Would be good to see that data from the government that backs it up, I'm guessing only published to your trade or is it in the public domain yet ?

No idea, contact the Government if you want to see the data so badly. 

Nigel Huddlestone is the guy that feeds us the info, try tweeting him.

54 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

No probs with anyone playing the game mate, banter should be allowed for me, makes it more interesting ?

Just as long as you happy if someone throws them back...not that I'm saying you won't be ?

Legacy of being on building site s most days , take stick , give it back double , this forum is tame , but as I say follow the flow and you will clearly see I was giving it back rather than giving it ,, same with the right wing / left wing stuff , still waiting for Albert to back his accusation with a single post I’ve ever made saying a politician, scientist, medical person is right or left wing ??‍♂️,

as is clear I’m no supporter of lockdowns as they seem to pan out in this country ( can’t speak for other countries) but not even in my wildest dreams have I thought witty ,van tam ect are raving left wing ??‍♂️

18 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Would they do more harm than killing a million if no restrictions had been in place?

Anyway, I'm backing out of this discussion for the next day or two. I have a blinding headache - possibly a side-effect of the vaccine, but more likely to be caused by banging my head against the brick wall this thread has become.

That’s all conjecture, ifs buts and maybes,

Anyhow and more importantly despite all disagreements I  hope you’re ok and return soon. 

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No idea, contact the Government if you want to see the data so badly. 

Nigel Huddlestone is the guy that feeds us the info, try tweeting him.

No as I said previously, I'll file it with the other anecdotal evidence you often supply that can't be "fact" checked.

19 minutes ago, Archied said:

Legacy of being on building site s most days , take stick , give it back double , this forum is tame , but as I say follow the flow and you will clearly see I was giving it back rather than giving it ,, same with the right wing / left wing stuff , still waiting for Albert to back his accusation with a single post I’ve ever made saying a politician, scientist, medical person is right or left wing ??‍♂️,

as is clear I’m no supporter of lockdowns as they seem to pan out in this country ( can’t speak for other countries) but not even in my wildest dreams have I thought witty ,van tam ect are raving left wing ??‍♂️

Pen pusher myself, but you either stood up for yourself or cower in a corner, it was brutal. I never minded anyone who has an opinion, you didn't need facts and figures to back it up, I'd rather someone be honest and say I don't support it, no matter what, than invent some story to back it up.

Right or left, don't care to be honest, just want this shitstorm to be over with, whoever does that in the quickest time with the fewest deaths is fine by me, realistically though if it was only that easy. No matter where you sit, it's not an easy job.

Good news though, my mate of my wife's second cousin removed told me.... the R' rate has hit its lowest level in 10 months with herd immunity possible by July.

12 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Don't judge me please, I had no choice as I couldn't keep track of all this information not in the public domain ?

Cant possibly be true if you've not seen it though surely?

I mean why would they even think of discussing it with a trade body before your goodself?

10 hours ago, Archied said:

And still no show post where I called any politician, scientist ,medical persons view right wing or left wing rather than point out other people’s obsessions ,,,, That’s predictably sad ,as discussed

As much as you've tried to reframe this, this is what you started with:

21 hours ago, Archied said:

Right , go through the thread and find any post where I have framed any opinion on this situation as left wing or right wing , I respond to people like riot and yourself constantly calling anything they don’t agree with right wing , it’s like a stuck record , I have no interest in anybody s political leaning in terms of whether I think what they say has any value.

it’s pathetic tribalism that has infected every area for quite some years now on any given issue.

who is the more enlightened, the person who listens to all or the person that only listens to people who they consider to be on they’re team?

I have bolded the relevant part. The fact that you reframed it after is a tacit admission that this was done. 

56 minutes ago, Albert said:

As much as you've tried to reframe this, this is what you started with:

I have bolded the relevant part. The fact that you reframed it after is a tacit admission that this was done. 

Nope , response to the tactic of calling any politician, scientist, medical person s view right wing , you obviously are unable to be honest so let’s make it more simple , show me where I have dismissed any of the scientists ,politicians, medical people promoting lockdowns as left wing as you and other do with those against these lockdowns ?

you can’t do it because it’s not happened , it couldn’t happen because I don’t believe for a second that’s the case whilst you and others scream right wing constantly at anything that goes against your support of these lockdowns

Archived