Coronavirus

1of4

4 hours ago, TexasRam said:

This is my worry with certain mind sets of people (I could of predicted who) that these beliefs mean we will never ever return to normal life. It’s like certain mindsets want this actually to be the new norm, maybe it suits them and unfortunately people seem to be that scared by the propaganda they follow it blindly  

111264 deaths in the UK as of yesterday and counting. That's pretty meaningful propaganda if you ask me.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

111264 deaths in the UK as of yesterday and counting. That's pretty meaningful propaganda if you ask me.

So we should never return back to normality then? 

Just now, BIllyD said:

I think to be fair it was in reference to the number of deaths being a good reason for some to be rightly scared of the virus.

Probably right, however just using the normal tactic of throwing out the number of deaths ( which is still very a questionable number imo) doesn’t answer the comment that I strongly believe a number of people would be happy for this to be the new way of life, as they have been scared senseless by the mass hysteria and scaremongering during this episode. They have been made to be so scared of dying they don’t want to return to living again and would be happy to just exist rather than have our freedoms back. The response to pubs opening back up without selling alcohol tells me all I need to know about this theory. 

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

Probably right, however just using the normal tactic of throwing out the number of deaths ( which is still very a questionable number imo) doesn’t answer the comment that I strongly believe a number of people would be happy for this to be the new way of life, as they have been scared senseless by the mass hysteria and scaremongering during this episode. They have been made to be so scared of dying they don’t want to return to living again and would be happy to just exist rather than have our freedoms back. The response to pubs opening back up without selling alcohol tells me all I need to know about this theory. 

If you think about it logically, going on your theory the answer would have been to keep them remained closed. Opening them up with restrictions shows they are trying everything to get the country opened back up again, what did you expect everything to become normal again in the summer ?

9 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I've not seen anyone suggest they want this to be a new way of life.

As the main person who responded to you today I'd be disappointed if you feel my responses suggest this.

6 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

If you think about it logically, going on your theory the answer would have been to keep them remained closed. Opening them up with restrictions shows they are trying everything to get the country opened back up again, what did you expect everything to become normal again in the summer ?

Yes, absolutely with the vaccine roll out all the vulnerable and of a certain age would of been vaccinated by summer. We should be fully open by end of June and back to normal, no more social distancing etc etc. I don’t know for any reason why we wouldn’t be. It’s always been about protecting the vulnerable, we’re doing that and will be complete soon, so absolutely no reason not to be back to normal. 

1 minute ago, Sith Happens said:

I've not seen anyone suggest they want this to be a new way of life.

As the main person who responded to you today I'd be disappointed if you feel my responses suggest this.

Actually I thought your response was very measured. Riding back through comments over the months, there are definitely people who want this to be the new way of life. 

Just now, TexasRam said:

Actually I thought your response was very measured. Riding back through comments over the months, there are definitely people who want this to be the new way of life. 

thanks, I do think you do Eddie a disservice as I'm sure he can't wait to get to bruges and enjoy some Belgian hospitality. 

I do think you are reading it incorrectly,  I've never felt reading any posts that is what people want,  I think the only thing that's in disagreement is the speed it should happen. 

3 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Yes, absolutely with the vaccine roll out all the vulnerable and of a certain age would of been vaccinated by summer. We should be fully open by end of June and back to normal, no more social distancing etc etc. I don’t know for any reason why we wouldn’t be. It’s always been about protecting the vulnerable, we’re doing that and will be complete soon, so absolutely no reason not to be back to normal. 

Depends if you want to be back in lockdown in the summer again I suppose ?‍♀️

It's a global pandemic, even if we have our own house in order and let's not forget that is reliant on a number of factors, for example the duration the vaccine is effective for, other countries are going to be behind us. 

We will be back to "normal" at some point, hopefully in the summer this will see most of the measures relaxed, but there will still be some safeguards in place, no doubt about that. 

Im sure you'd be the first to be you would be up arms if we fully relax everything and then in the winter got caught by a new strain or something from another country and we had to go into lockdown again. Yeah I know, propaganda, never would happen etc.etc.

3 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

It's a global pandemic, even if we have our own house in order and let's not forget that is reliant on a number of factors, for example the duration the vaccine is effective for, other countries are going to be behind us. 

We will be back to "normal" at some point, hopefully in the summer this will see most of the measures relaxed, but there will still be some safeguards in place, no doubt about that. 

Im sure you'd be the first to be you would be up arms if we fully relax everything and then in the winter got caught by a new strain or something from another country and we had to go into lockdown again. Yeah I know, propaganda, never would happen etc.etc.

This, this is exactly what I mean Billy . Why would we back in lockdown after all the vacations have happened? why would we need restrictions in place or new restrictions/lockdowns etc.? New variants? Can you see where I’m coming from now, people have been brainwashed that this will never end. 

9 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Why would we need a lockdown again in the summer?

The projection is for somewhere between 90 and 99% of people at risk of dying to have been vaccinated by the spring.

If that has been achieved then there is absolutely no reason why the country should not be fully re-opened.

4 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

This, this is exactly what I mean Billy . Why would we back in lockdown after all the vacations have happened? why would we need restrictions in place or new restrictions/lockdowns etc.? New variants? Can you see where I’m coming from now, people have been brainwashed that this will never end. 

Nail on head.

I said the other day that the narrative seems to be changing on a weekly basis with something new to scare people.

NHS being overwhelmed 

60,000 infections a day

1,800 deaths a day

New variant 

Length of time the vaccine is effective for 

Vaccine may not be effective against a new variant

To watch so many people just suck it up and regurgitate it really astounds me.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Nail on head.

I said the other day that the narrative seems to be changing on a weekly basis with something new to scare people.

NHS being overwhelmed 

60,000 infections a day

1,800 deaths a day

New variant 

Add long Covid to the list which now keeps coming up. Me too absolutely shocks me how people keep lapping it up, we’ve created this mass hysteria more than any other country it’s truly embarrassing. 

5 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Why would we need a lockdown again in the summer?

The projection is for somewhere between 90 and 99% of people at risk of dying to have been vaccinated by the spring.

If that has been achieved then there is absolutely no reason why the country should not be fully re-opened.

must admit I'm getting a bit pissed with some 'scientists' claiming we shouldn't be lifting lockdown. 

Jeremy hunt is sticking his oar in too.

The vaccines are supposed to be the game changer, while I support a gradual relaxation I don't support not relaxing restrictions. 

If hospitilsations and deaths fall as expected after lockdown and vaccination of those most at risk absolutely we should be opening up.

Jeremy hunt talks about cases being the key metric, surely that is not true,  its hospitilisations and deaths. 

I'm no expert of course but we can never stop people falling Ill with this bug or that, what we want is for those people to recover. 

4 hours ago, TexasRam said:

So we should never return back to normality then? 

While we are still killing a thousand a day, then absolutely not. I do think that what people considered to be 'normal' in the past might not follow exactly in the future, at least for a year or two. Perhaps we will develop the sort of mentality that the South East Asians have displayed for a number of years, i.e. if you have a cold, then it might in the future be considered polite to wear a mask in public to avoid spraying your snot over others.

20 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Nail on head.

NHS being overwhelmed 

60,000 infections a day

1,800 deaths a day

New variant 

It's all a big conspiracy to you, isn't it? 

Archived