Coronavirus

1of4

7 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

Not a lot, is the answer.

I assume they'll all be giving fake contact (address) details as well, which isn't going to help in tracing either.

My thoughts exactly. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I'm only guessing as I've not read up on the conditions but is unnecessary travel 'banned' again? So people who live inside who travel out could be fined?

I believe that's what Nottingham police were saying last night. I expect that they will be watching trains and buses arriving from Leicester for a start.

Well at least we know why the daily briefings were stopped if we only have pillar one information apparently the mayor of manchester has just received information that suggest infected right is 6 times higher than the information he had.

7 minutes ago, djfred84 said:

Well at least we know why the daily briefings were stopped if we only have pillar one information apparently the mayor of manchester has just received information that suggest infected right is 6 times higher than the information he had.

What a shock with all the street parties that have gone off etc .Not the sharpest tool in the box is he.

2 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

What a shock with all the street parties that have gone off etc .Not the sharpest tool in the box is he.

He is only recieving numbers now that he has been asking for 2 months we need actual numbers and hotspots so people can act accordingly. 

Had my regulation NHS staff COVID antibody test yesterday. Got the results back today - negative.

So either: What I had before was flu or something else which knocked me for 6 for about 8 weeks (I had other blood tests done to rule out anything serious) or the antibodies don't last very long. Hopefully it's the former.

7 hours ago, djfred84 said:

What’s that got to do with the daily briefings? 

They were stopped because, apart from reporting the daily figures which are still reported on Twitter etc. not a lot new was coming out and the politicians/scientists/medical experts time could be better spent elsewhere. The Q & A sessions became a little pointless as, on the rare occasion a sensible question was asked, they were largely met with typical politicians answers.

Apart from that, maybe the viewing figures had dropped significantly.

12 hours ago, mozza said:

What's to stop 'Lockdown Leicester' folk nipping over borders to find a pub open, thereby spreading the risk further?.. 

Im 6 miles outside of the lockdown perimeter and all 5 pubs in the village have decided to stay closed for at least another week. 

It sounds like other surrounding Leicstershire areas are doing the same. 

13 hours ago, mozza said:

What's to stop 'Lockdown Leicester' folk nipping over borders to find a pub open, thereby spreading the risk further?.. 

Word on the street is that local coach companies are set to do a roaring trade.  almost booked up now, apparently?

12 hours ago, Van Wolfie said:

Not a lot, is the answer.

I assume they'll all be giving fake contact (address) details as well, which isn't going to help in tracing either.

That's why in the pub I work at I will suggest we see id from everyone. 

19 hours ago, mozza said:

image.png.533cf37bda60ee955f06573cdc569857.png

Meanwhile , at the Leicestershire/Derbyshire border..

Joking aside, I'm hoping that's at the postcode boundary, not the county one.

Castle Donington has the misfortune to be geographically in Leicestershire, but is redeemed by having a Derby postcode

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Joking aside, I'm hoping that's at the postcode boundary, not the county one.

Castle Donington has the misfortune to be geographically in Leicestershire, but is redeemed by having a Derby postcode

Looking at the map on the BBC the lockdown area doesn’t even reach Loughborough. It seems to follow the M1 as far as Glenfield then cuts North East along the A46 to Anstey and Syston.

image.png

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Looking at the map on the BBC the lockdown area doesn’t even reach Loughborough. It seems to follow the M1 as far as Glenfield then cuts North East along the A46 to Anstey and Syston.

image.png

It was a joke. ok, not a good one.

We are venturing out shopping next week. only to Ikea on a meatball run, but it's a start. Got my new facemask which is aimed at those who decide not to wear one - it's got skulls on it.

47 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It was a joke. ok, not a good one.

We are venturing out shopping next week. only to Ikea on a meatball run, but it's a start. Got my new facemask which is aimed at those who decide not to wear one - it's got skulls on it.

Ah, it must have been the “joking aside” prior to your comment that threw me.

Archived