Coronavirus

1of4

41 minutes ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

It's not that Europe is turning against Britain, but Britain is turning against Europe.

Fir instance, Tory MPs voted against a clause in the withdrawal agreement that would have required the government to negotiate continuing full membership of the Erasmus student exchange programme after the end of the 11-month Brexit transition period.

The development of vaccines, especially on such a short time scale, depends on some very clever people in universities and laboratories working very hard together and sharing their results and expertise in a spirit of international cooperation. It's far too big a job for anyone to do alone, even for a genius like Alexander Fleming.

By wilfully and spitefully cutting itself off from the European scientific community, the Tory government will ensure that Britons remain isolated, thick and, if the worst comes to the worst, dead.

OK, so that’s one example besides which, as far as I can see, the UK hasn’t said it won’t continue to participate it’s just the requirement to negotiate has been removed. Presumably, to keep our options open. I’m a remainer so I, have no cross to bare when it comes to Brexit.

I think you’re overreacting a tad and I’m sure the UK will continue to cooperate in some shape or form.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They will want to limit schools closures until at least Easter as the vast majority of NHS staff have children and would need childcare. Best case scenario is delaying this until the summer when the NHS isn't as busy, but then that means draconian methods (Shutting cinemas, gyms, all large gatherings).

I'm about to move house and this has come at the worst time imaginable. I may have to pull my house from the market and keep my saving just in case the world goes tits ups for 6 months. 

11 minutes ago, Shaftesbury Street said:

I'm about to move house and this has come at the worst time imaginable. I may have to pull my house from the market and keep my saving just in case the world goes tits ups for 6 months. 

I have just taken voluntary severance and am now waiting until I am old enough to draw my state pension. Thank goodness I haven't got round to investing any of my pay-off money yet.

13 minutes ago, Shaftesbury Street said:

They will want to limit schools closures until at least Easter as the vast majority of NHS staff have children and would need childcare. Best case scenario is delaying this until the summer when the NHS isn't as busy, but then that means draconian methods (Shutting cinemas, gyms, all large gatherings).

Just take out ASU or Income Protection ,ASU is short term cover IP can pay to retirement but won't cover redundancy. IP usually has to be in force 90 days before a claim.

58 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

At a guess, if the exams are cancelled, then I’d expect this semesters modules credits to be written off, and the other modules to be weighted higher to make up the final grade.

Not as easy to do that when we do year-long modules.

34 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

You are a ridiculously bright lad and this is happening to everybody.

You will be fine.

Think about when you are 35, a successful lawyer, driving a road shagger and sniffing happy powder of some lady's swimming costume area.

Hahaha, and thank you! I’m not worried at all; rather I’m hopeful that some material will be taken off the exams or they’ll give us special dispensation when grading them.

4 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Not as easy to do that when we do year-long modules.

Hahaha, and thank you! I’m not worried at all; rather I’m hopeful that some material will be taken off the exams or they’ll give us special dispensation when grading them.

Oh duck yeah, god knows what they’ll do for you lot then? We’ve already had half the years assessments so I wouldn’t think it would be the end of the world to have them count double, but we’ll see.

My wife diagnosed her first suspected case yesterday.

Note: There's a symptom that they haven't released to the public and that you don't get with the flu and colds, so they can triage quickly over the phone.

She called the DoH and asked what the procedure was and they said, 'we don't know yet, maybe send her to the ER?'

She called the ER and they said, 'yes send her here'.

That's reassuring to have them advise sending a coughing woman to the ER department without knowing who she was and when she would arrive so they could immediately isolate her and not have her sat in an ER department with other sick and injured people.

28 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Note: There's a symptom that they haven't released to the public and that you don't get with the flu and colds, so they can triage quickly over the phone.

So is it the "short of breath" thing? Or something else? I find it hard to understand why they would keep a symptom secret if they want to contain the spread and ease the burden on health services. Or even how they would do that?

30 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

So what is it? I'm assuming your ITK?

Sith Happens

There is a bloke at work who has been sneezing, coughing all day.....just into his hands, if he can be bothered, not catching it in tissue...have tried to drop a few subtle hints.....

Hes a filthy git who thinks its ok to sit there and fart all day anyway.....

Apparently its ok because sneezing isnt a common symptom....proper bamford.

Sith Happens

Apparently someone who was in close proximity to Trump at the weekend has been diagnosed....Trump has been reported to say 'i'll be rate'

41 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

So is it the "short of breath" thing? Or something else? I find it hard to understand why they would keep a symptom secret if they want to contain the spread and ease the burden on health services. Or even how they would do that?

As Bob said, so they can triage quickly and rule out all the time-wasters, calling up with a cold.

No idea if this is true or not and of course even if it is, then the secret will be out sooner or later. I can understand the reasoning behind it, though.

1 hour ago, Meestah said:

So what is it? I'm assuming your ITK?

Yeh but it's a secret and I won't feel important if I tell you.

18 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

As Bob said, so they can triage quickly and rule out all the time-wasters, calling up with a cold.

No idea if this is true or not and of course even if it is, then the secret will be out sooner or later. I can understand the reasoning behind it, though.

Exactly that. They're getting a dozen or so calls per day and you know people will say they have things if they're panicking and just want testing.

And you would definitely think it would get out, but they've been using this since it got here.

Apparently when the health of the nation is at stake the news media can be trusted.

Archived