Cocu In or Out?

Bubbles

Cocu in or Out?  

289 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

Cocu out for me.

The team is progressing really well now, the incorporation of the academy players is going amazingly well and I strongly believe that Cocu is laying some strong foundations for a very successful period. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see us in the play offs this season, and I wouldn't be surprised if we went up automatically next season. Very exciting times!

But I just love it when we change managers. It's dead exciting when someone new comes in. New ideas, new players, player fall outs... I love all that stuff. I want a big name though. Not Rooney, bored of him already.

Anyway pack your bags Cocu.

Post of the day!! ?

I was in and still am. I've said it before and I'll say it again.

I loved Lampard, but in reality we only just scraped the playoffs last season, and that was with Tomori, Mount and Wilson, not to mention Keogh too.

He had a rushed preseason which was arranged for Lampard, no time to get any decent players in. He's had Injury issues with main players. Then there was the drink drive affair.

His main signing out for the season.

At this point last season we had 7 more points.

I think he's done a pretty decent job up to now. The team are starting to put into practice what is being taught, the youngsters coming through are exciting, Bird, Knight, Lowe with Sibley looking like he'll break through properly next season, plus a few more that could push through.

Put mount, Wilson, Tomori and Keogh back in this side and imo we'd be pushing for top 2 under Cocu this season.

IMO ?

41 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

So I wonder if the 4 voting 'out' so far will say as much on this thread or just sit quietly in their armchairs willing Phil and the team to lose every time we play?

I haven't voted yet, I'm all for 'undecided'. Think Rooney has made a massive difference. But to suggest that fans who aren't pro-Cocu are anti-Derby is all wrong! 

#COYR we're all Derby!

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I haven't voted yet, I'm all for 'undecided'. Think Rooney has made a massive difference. But to suggest that fans who aren't pro-Cocu are anti-Derby is all wrong! 

#COYR we're all Derby!

It was a bit tongue in cheek mate but that said, there do seem to be a few we only hear from when we lose ?

Not really a question any more, even his biggest hater should be able to see we've progressed a huge amount since Christmas, and yes part of it is down to Rooney, but our revival had started before Rooney came in. The gritty 10 man win vs Charlton was the first game we looked like we had progressed in. 

I also do like that Cocu doesn't seem interested on just bringing any player in, he clearly took his time to identify players that he thought would actually improve us, and I'm excited for Te Wierik next season. I think Cocu is starting to ''get'' Derby more, and the fans are starting to get him more. Happy to admit I was hasty and wrong with my Cocu out stance earlier in the season, and I couldn't be more delighted with how much better we look now. 

I'll hold my hands up and say I said out after the really poor run of form - it looked to me like the players was not responding to him. 

You can't argue with recent results though and I think Rooney is the main catalyst in that improvement, along with the youth players stepping up as well. Time will tell if it's the favourable fixtures which has helped this great run or if we are genuinely in with a shout of play offs this year. 

I've just come to realise that all the negativity towards Cocu, the players, Mel, The recruitment team, the tea lady and anyone else within the club was completely miss-placed.

Any 'normal' season and some of these criticisms could be justified, but as a club we are literally up against it. A proportion of the media dont like us, clubs like Middlesbrough dont like us, pundits like Prutton dont like us and the EFL seem to be hell bent on derailing this football club.  The recent article by the Daily Mail about a day in the life of Rooney shows you how disliked we are.  All of this towards a club who actively promote youth, have the best youth team in the country and are trying to correct the wrongs of previous seasons.

Fingers up to everyone against DCFC, its us against the world, up the Alamo!

As @Andicis rightly says, crediting the improvement with Rooney's arrival is too simplistic. We grabbed a late equaliser at Wigan in a game we could easily have lost & then went on to beat Charlton with 10 men before Rooney arrived. Both games took massive character to grab results in & I think restored some of the confidence that had been absolutely battered throughout December.

For me, Max Bird's introduction to the side has also been vital to this resurgence. Whilst Rooney has been impressive, there's no way he could have carried this midfield by himself & to be fair, he was a little quiet in general play during his first 2/3 games. We needed a stable influence in front of the back 4 & another outlet for possession and Bird has filled that role very well. In turn, that has released Holmes to be much more dynamic & get more involved at the business end of the pitch. Sorting the midfield was always the key issue & an in-form midfield of Bird, Rooney & Holmes is very good for this league.

Whilst the good run has been great to see, we will have bad spells again but I don't think we'll hit the depths of December again. I've always been adamant Cocu was the right man for us & his subs at Swansea (and their impact) spoke of a man in increasing control of his job. The injuries have started to clear up (Bielik apart) & the excellent foundation given by the Academy is starting to bear fruit - I'm very excited at what this squad can achieve over the next year or so.

3 hours ago, King Kevin said:

I do have long term reservations  about him ,but he's been dealt a rough hand and he's brought the kids through which was his remit from the start .I voted in on the first poll and I'm still in.

Long term reservations, what are they?

I'd say 'long term' is exactly the part that gets me excited about Cocu. IF he achieves what hes planning we will have the best academy setup around and will have a clear 'ethos' for any manager to following. It'll be brilliant.

Tough start to Championship/English football for him. Looked lost at times, our loan players never delivered and the obvious off field distractions disrupting his settling in period. Now trying our own youngsters who are showing positive performances alongside coach Rooney.

I think next Christmas is the time to start judging him once he's had a full pre season and transfer window to get rid of the dead wood and add a couple of his own new players to the squad. 

Definitely in and already looking forward to a hopefully a better start to next season.

1 hour ago, CocuCrazyCocuMad said:

Long term reservations, what are they?

I'd say 'long term' is exactly the part that gets me excited about Cocu. IF he achieves what hes planning we will have the best academy setup around and will have a clear 'ethos' for any manager to following. It'll be brilliant.

@Cam the Ram words not mine but he puts it better than I could .

Still don't have a ton of faith in him if I'm being honest, but it's impossible to sack anyone after such a good run. And even if we were still struggling, I think it's got to the stage of the season where it makes very little sense to change manager. We aren't likely to go up, we aren't going down (unless the EFL chuck a huge points deduction our way), so just continue plodding on and continue integrating the youngsters in the 1st team.

I've just gone back and had a look at what I posted around Christmas time and what my problems with him were ....

Players haven't improved under him - I think that was a fair point. I mean, judging by that thread about player of the season that was posted recently, people are picking their choice based off of the past month rather than the whole season. Rooney will obviously have played a key part in that (Holmes himself even mentioned he's improved because of Rooney), but it'd be unfair to not give Cocu any of the credit. 

Has only given young players a chance due to injuries and suspension - Might have been a tad harsh. Cocu was probably doing it for the benefit of the youngsters and not rushing them, but it wasn't half frustrating seeing Lowe dropped for Malone after good performances and youngsters not get a chance when near enough everyone was in poor form.

Strange team selections - He still confuses me with some of his team selections and substitutions, but he's now getting the results and performances to back up his decisions and shut people like me up.

Poor player discipline - Not totally the managers fault (but he surely plays a part), but it still seems like we're not far off seeing a red card every other game with the way our players lunge into tackles when they're frustrated or with how much they kick off at the referees. 

Archived