Cocu In or Out?

Bubbles

Cocu in or Out?  

289 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Nick_Ram said:

Would Cocu have had success if it wasn't for Rooney's arrival? The difference between his arrival is astonishing.

It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but I think it's worth noting. 

Would Brian Clough have got us promoted without Dave Mackay? Undoubtedly so, but it might have taken another season or two. The parallels are there - parachute a world icon into a young, impressionable side and the results can be immediate - and spectacular. The transformation which has occurred since Wayne Rooney arrived is astounding.

On 02/07/2020 at 04:56, Nick_Ram said:

Would Cocu have had success if it wasn't for Rooney's arrival? The difference between his arrival is astonishing.

It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but I think it's worth noting. 

I think it’s fantastic as it keeps Phil under the radar for a while with the media giving ALL the credit to Rooney, yes he has played a big part but don’t be fooled into thinking he has shaped a team from squad and academy and dealt with the problems this season, he has come in and been a big part in what cocu is doing here

22 hours ago, Coconut said:

I always found it really bizarre when people started bringing Frank De Boer's spell at Palace into the equation as definitive proof that Dutch football doesn't work in England.

They genuinely seemed to be holding Palace in high regard for sacking a manager after 77 day / 6 matches, as if that was a reasonable timescale for any manager to turn a club around or stamp his own identity onto them, especially when following on from Alan bloody Pardew!

I always felt that was a very bad situation - wrong man for Palace to appoint, having appointed him, did not allow him to bring in players who could play his game, then following the first two failures bombed him out very quick. With hindsight, sacking him was actually the right move, given the ambition to stay and no more, but not for his failings but for the board's failings. Had palace had the breathing space to have a poor period whilst the team got used to new things, who knows.

Sith Happens
On 02/07/2020 at 12:45, Eddie said:

Would Brian Clough have got us promoted without Dave Mackay? Undoubtedly so, but it might have taken another season or two. The parallels are there - parachute a world icon into a young, impressionable side and the results can be immediate - and spectacular. The transformation which has occurred since Wayne Rooney arrived is astounding.

And Jim Smith if Igor hadn't signed.

Had Jim Smith been working with todays transfer window rules he may never even have got to January in a Job we were that bad at the time.

Archived