Cocu In or Out?

Bubbles

Cocu in or Out?  

289 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
On 12/02/2020 at 09:33, Millenniumram said:

While I still hold the same slight doubts about his negative mentality that have done for a while, I don’t think anyone can deny that we’ve had a fairly significant turnaround since Christmas - and you have to credit a fair amount of that down to the manager. He’s definitely earned himself the time to show what he can do once he’s got his message fully across to our young talent coming through the ranks. He’s had to contend with a total mess of a season off the pitch, so he definitely deserves to be cut some slack. Hopefully over the next couple of months he can turn our shocking away form around and convince his few remaining doubters, like me, that he is the right man for the long term. 

Definitely Cocu In right now.

Second this completely. I am a Cocu convert! (just wish we weren't so defensive in the second half) 

6 minutes ago, goldstar said:

Second this completely. I am a Cocu convert! (just wish we weren't so defensive in the second half) 

Hold up a minute, that post is from February! My mind could have completely changed since then! What if I’m Cocu out again now? I mean what’s he playing at getting an away clean sheet? We don’t do stuff like that ??

25 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Hold up a minute, that post is from February! My mind could have completely changed since then! What if I’m Cocu out again now? I mean what’s he playing at getting an away clean sheet? We don’t do stuff like that ??

Whoops, clicked on it and took me to where i left off which i assumed wasnt that long ago? 

You're right, it's very un-Derby to do that, however, you might change your mind when we smash forest on Saturday and become a Cocu convert once again! 

3 hours ago, Nick_Ram said:

Would Cocu have had success if it wasn't for Rooney's arrival?

Yes.

However, I grant you that it may have taken longer.

And, unfortunately, time is not in loose supply in football and certainly not on this forum. Many were writing Cocu off after a handful of games. 

I always found it really bizarre when people started bringing Frank De Boer's spell at Palace into the equation as definitive proof that Dutch football doesn't work in England.

They genuinely seemed to be holding Palace in high regard for sacking a manager after 77 day / 6 matches, as if that was a reasonable timescale for any manager to turn a club around or stamp his own identity onto them, especially when following on from Alan bloody Pardew!

On 12/02/2020 at 12:27, Shaftesbury Street said:

I'll hold my hands up and say I said out after the really poor run of form - it looked to me like the players was not responding to him. 

You can't argue with recent results though and I think Rooney is the main catalyst in that improvement, along with the youth players stepping up as well. Time will tell if it's the favourable fixtures which has helped this great run or if we are genuinely in with a shout of play offs this year. 

?

Archived