Cocu In or Out?

Bubbles

Cocu in or Out?  

289 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In in in 

He has developed a style.
The fast passing is coming back.
He has got to know his players, their strengths and weaknesses. 
We have been lousy at set pieces since Nigels days. 
He has given everyone a chance. 
We rode the boozegate storm. 
He has had no resources to buy players. 
young player haven’t just come through, they have flourished.  
The clear out has happened and we have a new spine to the team.  
He’s had the usual lousy luck when it comes to key injuries.  
I like that he likes “technical players”  and doesn’t like hoof ball. 
I like championship football - for now - but think he can take us somewhere else given time. 

5 hours ago, Jourdan said:

I think Cocu would be a great fit at a club like Brighton or Norwich. Those are jobs that appear to be a ‘builder’s project’, shall we say.

I am still not convinced he is the right fit for us and where we are at the moment. It is a massive assumption to suggest so.

For a club like ourselves, taking such an approach feels like an overcomplication to me. I don’t think we need a builder at this point. We need a maximiser.

Building for 2-3 years in the Championship is understandable if you are a club like Preston or Millwall.

But for us, I think it’s dangerous because you are in a division that is very variable and opportunistic in its nature, so being so rigid in your approach and your thinking guarantees very little.

Mels always wanted to build something sustainable, chopping and changing managers, blowing money up the wall, where has that got us? nowhere.

Cocu has come in to change the philosophy of the club, from the early youth teams to the first team, he's kinda like a DoF in a way.

All these "maximisers" have done over the past few tenures is take us to where we are now, the championship.

Trying something new is exciting.

I do understand where you're coming from, I guess the fans are a huge part of why Mel has always gone for short term fixes.

Thats ended with us being charged by the EFL (not going into detail on that)

I honestly think, Jourdan, if you give him til this time next season, you will see a large difference in how the team and the club in general has come along.

Until then, lets enjoy the ride.

16 hours ago, Archied said:

Voted in and have voted in in all other polls , had a little wobble a while back and stated that I was beginning to have concerns he was right man for us though not enough to want him out

now I’m fully on board again, it’s not just results but the performance s are growing in quality and character and I get a vibe that his calm determination ( mistaken for uninspiring) is just what this club needs long term with the direction we have chosen and need to go in regards building from our youth and smarter buying policy rather than hasty panic buys that either don’t improve us or are short term stop gap buys with no sell on chance,

as for the tinkering issue I’m beginning to think he wants a squad that can be well drilled and mix and match which perhaps takes more time and work to show fruit than just a same 11 every week approach , Martin is a case in point , he is finding form and very much part of our squad but we are not dependant on him and lost when he is off it a bit or injured or even not best suited to how we want to play against certain opposition, seems waghorn and him can learn from each other and both are pushing each other to better form ,, who knows maybe even jack will catch on?

im happy to give cocu and his coaching team time to shape this club and a think given that time he is starting to build ties with our club ,he could go on to be a modern day legend for us , certainly seems to have a touch of integrity about him

Agree 100% with this ?

Disagree 100% with this ? mainly because trying to do the above is very difficult, especially taking into account the amount of off field crap he's had to deal with.

8 hours ago, Jourdan said:

I voted out. I just feel another manager would get more out of this squad, as it stands.

The recent run of form has been very good, but it is difficult to ignore the 23 games that preceded it. A season of extremes is what we have seen from Cocu and this team.

I need to see a level of consistency. Any team can play well for 9-10 games, and any team can experience a purple patch. 

At the end of the day, I don’t expect us to continue getting results at over 2 points per game. There is going to be another dip at some point.

The results don’t matter at this point. It’s more about the performances. If we show the same quality so prevalent in this recent run, and play with the right intent and the right attitude, the results will organically come.

If Cocu can tease out more and more performances of the right standard, the doubters will quickly disappear.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

OOOOhhhhh get you, so funny ha ha!

why comment "all change" because ?? oh ....lets have a think now??? no one had been on this thread since thursday then after a draw today you post "all change" its boring and tedious Roy...WE ALL KNOW YOU DON'T LIKE PHIL COCU!!!!!...its saturday night and I'm working so thats why I'm on here but what is your excuse ??? go and get a good curry mate and down a few beers...cheer yourself right up pal ....lol

3 minutes ago, S8TY said:

why comment "all change" because ?? oh ....lets have a think now??? no one had been on this thread since thursday then after a draw today you post "all change"...

You get it then! That's what this thread is about, it's a wind-up. OK pal!

27 minutes ago, S8TY said:

why comment "all change" because ?? oh ....lets have a think now??? no one had been on this thread since thursday then after a draw today you post "all change" its boring and tedious Roy...WE ALL KNOW YOU DON'T LIKE PHIL COCU!!!!!...its saturday night and I'm working so thats why I'm on here but what is your excuse ??? go and get a good curry mate and down a few beers...cheer yourself right up pal ....lol

Roy Mac5 likes no manager, I have had this with him time and time again, we need a manager for the long term, Cocu is bringing in the youngsters and his style of play is a modern style of keeping the ball not hoof football, but nothing is good enough for Roymac5. 

1 minute ago, Derby blood said:

Roy Mac5 likes no manager, I have had this with him time and time again, we need a manager for the long term, Cocu is bringing in the youngsters and his style of play is a modern style of keeping the ball not hoof football, but nothing is good enough for Roymac5. 

It's tedious mate it really is......we have taken 1 point from 6 this week but i was genuinely pleased with how well we played on wednesday we really did play some nice stuff , today we never really got going but yet still could've won if Waghorns header had gone in rather than straight at the keeper...then our poor defending lets us down again....... Rome was not built in a day ( maybe in Roys world bless him )

8 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Time will tell mate. I've liked plenty of Derby managers. It's about not about me though @Derby blood it's about how well the Club does. Time will tell.

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Time will tell mate. I've liked plenty of Derby managers. It's about not about me though @Derby blood it's about how well the Club does. Time will tell.

Here we go again Roymac5, which managers in the last 15 years have u liked, and if u say Bily Davis, then please leave the forum for good, only joking mate I like your input and opinions, but please give a manager time to do a job. 

2 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Here we go again Roymac5, which managers in the last 15 years have u liked, and if u say Bily Davis, then please leave the forum for good, only joking mate I like your input and opinions, but please give a manager time to do a job. 

Mate I hope Cocu does well, but why shouldn't we (on the forum) question the things he does? It just about having opinions. Having a bit of banter, a bit of discussion. It's not like we're doing so well that there's nothing to disagree on is it? ?

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Mate I hope Cocu does well, but why shouldn't we (on the forum) question the things he does? It just about having opinions. Having a bit of banter, a bit of discussion. It's not like we're doing so well that there's nothing to disagree on is it? ?

and you're right Roy and I also like the banter...we don't always agree mate but thats what a forum is for eh ?

It just doesn't come across that you want or beleive Cocu can do a job when as soon as you can usually following a game when we haven't won you say things like" all change " again ....stoking it up....just feels a bit tedious at times ...but anyway enjoy your evening 

7 minutes ago, S8TY said:

..stoking it up....just feels a bit tedious at times ...but anyway enjoy your evening 

You don't have to answer. It was a bit of a touche at the thread starter, who in turn was having a little dig at me for starting a previous poll that had been 'requested' by other posters... 

Archived