Yet another Chris Martin thread.... Yes really

IslandExile

Chris Martin  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be interesting to see where he ends up and it probably comes down to who hasn’t got any centre forwards and I currently consider the likes of Sheffield Wednesday and Derby his likely destination. Has Tom Huddlestone signed anywhere yet? But unlike a centre forward we don’t need Tom 

8 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It will be interesting to see where he ends up and it probably comes down to who hasn’t got any centre forwards and I currently consider the likes of Sheffield Wednesday and Derby his likely destination. Has Tom Huddlestone signed anywhere yet? But unlike a centre forward we don’t need Tom 

We haven't had our exit message from Martin as if yet,which I presume will come when he signs for another club.....or not if he comes back here.

So a small glimmer of hope yet!

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

We haven't had our exit message from Martin as if yet,which I presume will come when he signs for another club.....or not if he comes back here.

So a small glimmer of hope yet!

He is no longer with us and I was an ardent advocate of using him if we need him, if we pay him, if he was fit just as I am regarding Bennett and when it comes to both Martin and Bennett they both offer the squad on duty on match days something different 

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

I’ve seen your twitter and know you have four hours of nothing to do. This is pure:

mad max thats GIF

Caught me ?

Although it’s unfair you’re stalking me without telling me what your username is?

3 minutes ago, David said:

Caught me ?

Although it’s unfair you’re stalking me without telling me what your username is?

You follow me don’t you? I just never post that often because I’m scared of all the 12 year olds on the #dcfcfans. I’ll give you a wave on your last tweet

7 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

You follow me don’t you? I just never post that often because I’m scared of all the 12 year olds on the #dcfcfans. I’ll give you a wave on your last tweet

Ahh, yeah I do, didn’t know that was you though, thought you would be older with the love for an ageing striker. Guess it’s true what they say, never judge a book by it’s cover ?

58 minutes ago, David said:

Ahh, yeah I do, didn’t know that was you though, thought you would be older with the love for an ageing striker. Guess it’s true what they say, never judge a book by it’s cover ?

Ha, that photos from about 10 years ago when I was playing DIY punk venues across the midlands and the north, I’ve aged a little bit since then if only in the body.

And yes on the ageing striker bit I do have to say I’m a fan of Waggy ?

10 minutes ago, David said:

Careful about saying that out loud in this thread!

Nah Waggy is fine, I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say I think you get the best out of him when you get crosses into the box and we didn’t do a whole load of that last season. How we attack will have to change next season to get more out of a him and Marriott anyway. 

If I’d criticise him at this point, it’s more that he was an experienced pro who got star struck by Rooneys presence. Although I think he knows that overall he has to improve this season and have more responsibility.

7 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Nah Waggy is fine, I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say I think you get the best out of him when you get crosses into the box and we didn’t do a whole load of that last season. How we attack will have to change next season to get more out of a him and Marriott anyway. 

If I’d criticise him at this point, it’s more that he was an experienced pro who got star struck by Rooneys presence. Although I think he knows that overall he has to improve this season and have more responsibility.

He’s a workhorse, reminds me a bit of Jamie Ward, he thought he was a striker as well but needs someone to play off, he’s not a lone striker, but hopefully with Sibley now behind he might see get better chances to bury it....if Cocu goes that way 

1 minute ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Waghorn reminds you of Ward? I can see that.

It’s a bit like how the great big Boris Johnson reminds me of the great Will Hughes. It’s a newsagent related thing.

I sense sarcasm, do you not see similarities? 

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It wasn't getting the chances that Waghorn struggled with, it was taking them!

I know, but we haven’t been a team that’s been creating a lot of chances, he’s been played out wide, up top, any player will tell you a lack of confidence can hit you hard. 

He needs to find his place in the team week in week out, understand his role and then I think we’ll see the best of him.

Listened to the podcast with him the other week, spoke about playing out wide, not really understanding the position whilst at Rangers.

Just now, David said:

I know, but we haven’t been a team that’s been creating a lot of chances, he’s been played out wide, up top, any player will tell you a lack of confidence can hit you hard. 

He needs to find his place in the team week in week out, understand his role and then I think we’ll see the best of him.

Listened to the podcast with him the other week, spoke about playing out wide, not really understanding the position whilst at Rangers.

But the problem lies in, do you really trust Waggy with your one chance in a really tight game that he's going to score it? I personally don't - and that cost us plenty of points this season, and will continue to if he's our main striker going forward. I understand your points about confidence and a position, and it all factors in, but I just think some people are natural finishers and some aren't, and Waggy isn't. 

Archived