Yet another Chris Martin thread.... Yes really

IslandExile

Chris Martin  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There is no doubt Martin has been a great servant and asset to the club during his time with us. 

Some of us 'seem' to be missing the point were not releasing him or pushing him out he's going because HE want's to. We have offered him as much as we can afford in this present climate.

We have lost 'greater' and 'bigger' players than Martin in the past and will do so in the future but the club will survive.

The King is dead, long live the king now onwards and upwards.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, cannable said:

The only effect age or illness will have upon the player he was is playing time. 

The potential of pooing himself mid-match has no impact on his touch, passing or intelligence 

He is the most intelligent player we have had for years. Where he goes next will be telling. Can’t help but feel we are all a little nostalgic. 
Would love nothing more to be sat here in 12 months and being quoted posts with I told you so.

Who is going to sign Chris and give him more money or years on his contract  we are looking a little threadbare to me. Young players will be very good in another year but we need to have about eight really good championship players in addition to make the top six never mind automatics.

3 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Who is going to sign Chris and give him more money or years on his contract  we are looking a little threadbare to me. Young players will be very good in another year but we need to have about eight really good championship players in addition to make the top six never mind automatics.

How many previously non U23 players have we got who would have played  regularly in any of the Leeds, WBA, Brentford, Swansea or even Cardiff teams last season, 2019-2020.

I know that it has only been a matter of days since his contract expired but I thought he would have been snapped up by now or at very least linked with someone. This says to me that either his demands are too high or he is possibly still hoping to secure a deal here. Hopefully the latter is my optimistic view.

5 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I know that it has only been a matter of days since his contract expired but I thought he would have been snapped up by now or at very least linked with someone. 

Well, he's been able to sign with another club since January (when there was more money about). Maybe he's biding his time and seeing how long a contract he can get?

Archived