Yet another Chris Martin thread.... Yes really

IslandExile

Chris Martin  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, sage said:

It wasn't the amount of money it was the length and structure of the deal, which suggests it was a year with us either a) having an option of another year or b) a second year being triggered by X amount of appearances

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Guesswork?

The first part was widely reported and the second half is yes an educated guess based on how Derby have offered contracts to older players in the past. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, David said:

Still money though at the end of the day isn’t it? I mean let’s say Derby offered 15k a week for one year, had his counter been I tell you what 7.5k a week but over 2 years I don’t see us saying no.

Wanted his guaranteed money if you are correct for a longer period. 

Which in fairness to the club, he is getting on in footballer years, with his illness, you can understand why they may feel cautious given the financial climate 

It also highlights the difficulty replacing him with the money available? Hence the contract offer

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

It also highlights the difficulty replacing him with the money available? Hence the contract offer

Or a position of power knowing the the League 1 best of the best high earners may look to be moved on. Could go either way this 

• 2 weeks later...

He was absolutely class in that Fulham side when he was out on loan. Still criminal that Rowett ran Nugent into the ground instead of building around a Vydra/Martin partnership the following season.

Christ, I hate that bloke. A snake, a con man, a fraud in crap trainers.

I feel a lot more comfortable with Martin leaving now than I did initially. As that farce of a manager would say, the reality is we’ll be built around Bird/Rooney/Bielik in midfield for the foreseeable future. Not much mobility or energy in that midfield, we’ll need it further up the pitch.

Martin’s still a decent striker at this level, would have been good for us next season but I’m fine with Waghorn and Marriott getting more chances to lead the line. Would be nice if we brought someone else in but I can’t see it being anyone decent. We only have one winger worth starting, spend whatever money we have there.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

He was tagged in this a few days ago (now untagged and not appearing on his Insta pages)...

So he’s signing for Southampton?

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Or here in early August with Fulham squad!

Or Fulham?

Now we wait for the transfer gossip pages to do their thing.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Has he recently split up with his Mrs and found a new one?

Definitely not his wife. If you watch the video of the aftermath of the Brighton play off second leg, you see him with his misses at the time. 

Archived