Yet another Chris Martin thread.... Yes really

IslandExile

Chris Martin  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Jesus. Everyone banging on about his goal celebration in a game where we were toss, against an already promoted team, in a stadium with no fans in a nothing to play for game.

If the performance is poor (as it was against the Yorkshire rabble) he's the first to show his frustration - i think this is all that Saturday was.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

So,has he definitely played his last game?

Rams tv were intimating as much but does he have until midnight so we can kidnap him and force his signature???

He's a free agent. What do they know? Cocu said he expected him to concentrate on the Birmingham game and consider the offer afterwards.

Give him a 1 year contract on whatever he wants with an year extension if he plays x amount of minutes. And then another extension if we plays a same amount of minutes. That way he gets a contact and if he plays his part in the team he’ll get the length he wants 

Time to thank Martin for the memories and move on in my opinion. He has been a tremendous servant for the club, had a good season this year when we needed him, however he isn't the answer for our long term success. We have failed time after time with him leading the line when he was in his prime and he won't take us up. He is very 1 dimensional as a forward and make us too easy to play against, as we don't pose enough of a threat. Personally think his body language over the last few games has been poor and showing signs of his laziness being back in his game. He is on big wages and we need a striker with power and pace to lead the line if we are going to mount a challenge.

I'm genuinely sad about this. The atmosphere and anticipation at Pride Park when he was about to get subbed on was unreal. The whole place was buzzing and then when he got his first goal of the season it was almost unbelievable that he was back. Never seen anything like it. 

I really hope he stays, i feel like there is unfinished business and I'd love for him to stay for a couple of years as i think the combination of him and the academy players breaking through + Marriott and a couple of pacy wingers could be special. 

2 hours ago, Ramdale said:

Time to thank Martin for the memories and move on in my opinion. He has been a tremendous servant for the club, had a good season this year when we needed him, however he isn't the answer for our long term success. We have failed time after time with him leading the line when he was in his prime and he won't take us up. He is very 1 dimensional as a forward and make us too easy to play against, as we don't pose enough of a threat. Personally think his body language over the last few games has been poor and showing signs of his laziness being back in his game. He is on big wages and we need a striker with power and pace to lead the line if we are going to mount a challenge.

lazy? He has had to play every minute of every game twice a week with a debilitating illness because 2 Herberts got themselves sent off and another Herbert can't keep himself fit.

What a load of absolute baalocks....

The best striker for years and still joint highest striker for Derby despite spending a quarter of the year recovering from illness.

He somehow still managed to have the best goals per minutes played in the championship.

You clearly know very little mate.

The only one dimensional thing is your view of what he brings to the game. He scores goals, as this seasons stats show. He also with his assists  and linkup play helps the contribution of others. In his first full season we got to Wembley, in the next he was injured after Christmas and our effort tapered away until missing out like Forest did tonight, in the final game. After that he was discarded, time after time is pure cobblers.

Personally I don't think he suits Cocu ball and part of his frustration tonight may have come from the insipid effort in the second half, up to the final subs. He was isolated as we saw little but backward and misplaced passes in our own half, playing very deep. I would prefer his time at Derby not to fade out with a whimper as it may do next season. He has made a difference this season and proved many doubters wrong

3 hours ago, sage said:

lazy? He has had to play every minute of every game twice a week with a debilitating illness because 2 Herberts got themselves sent off and another Herbert can't keep himself fit.

Lacks the energy what we require. Team will be built around the young lads next year and rightly so. Sibley will play as a 10 and for how talented he is, he is not blessed with blistering pace. With him playing off Martin, we yet again won't have enough pace through the middle to threaten teams. Last 5 games since Waghorn got him set sent off have been some of the poorest performances in months. We haven't looked a threat as a team. At home, I see more use for Martin where teams will sit deep and we dominate the ball, but away from home we need more mobility through the middle.

14 hours ago, Turnstile said:

Unsustainable wages is the short answer.Mel has  put so much money in £200 million I have seen quoted last year plus running costs for 12 months since then.

Yes, he’s been putting money in to run the club but we does that mean the club owe him money?

Archived