Adil Rami.

Rev

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think anything sums Derby up more than the fact that on the same day we've been linked with both a member of France's 2018 World Cup winning squad and League 2 Northampton Town's goalkeeper, and I don't know which one we'd be more likely to sign.

4 minutes ago, JfR said:

I don't think anything sums Derby up more than the fact that on the same day we've been linked with both a member of France's 2018 World Cup winning squad and League 2 Northampton Town's goalkeeper, and I don't know which one we'd be more likely to sign.

Its so true. Never a boring day supporting Derby (apart from often the 90 minutes on the pitch) 

50 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

I understand Paul McGrath still has his boots ........give him a call ?

Paul McGarth what a player similar age too this guy when he signed......and what a impact he had.

Maybe just maybe this guy on a short deal would have the same but it is a easy link to make with Cocu and Fenerbahçe.even though Cocu did not sign him.

In seriousness, I’d normally be a bit wary of these sort of transfers as they’re very short term, whereas we need to be looking more towards building a long term team. However, I think we can make an exception at CB as Keoghs sacking has left us very short of experience at the back. Think the backline set to start tomorrow has an average age below 23. Thats very young for a defence, and while I’d rather a younger team in general, I think an older leader at the back is a positive for the younger players around him. With it looking like Davies will be backup from now on, I can see the logic in a short term move for Rami, if it’s legit. He’ll still be a good player at this level on an 18 month deal I’m sure, so I think he’d do for now until we can find the long term solution. 

Very strange link, but it’s in the Athletic who are supposed to be reliable behind their paywall, so who knows? Be very surprised if he came here, he’ll probably wait for a top flight club, but with Benkovic potentially off to Boro we’ll have to find someone else from somewhere.

The reason this would be a good signing is if he genuinely has a chance of playing at the Euros. If we truly want to make a play for promotion this season, then internationals willing to bust a get to make sure they get picked for the summer are excellent additions.

Under Rowett we had the oldest team in all four divisions but clearly now we have a major focus on youth, so I don't mind blending that with World Cup winning experience. Rooney hasn't done that. In fact at his three finals he's only scored one more goal than me.

Worth considering. If it's Benkovic instead that's fine but I'd like the future option to be in the deal in that case.

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

The reason this would be a good signing is if he genuinely has a chance of playing at the Euros. If we truly want to make a play for promotion this season, then internationals willing to bust a get to make sure they get picked for the summer are excellent additions.

Under Rowett we had the oldest team in all four divisions but clearly now we have a major focus on youth, so I don't mind blending that with World Cup winning experience. Rooney hasn't done that. In fact at his three finals he's only scored one more goal than me.

Worth considering. If it's Benkovic instead that's fine but I'd like the future option to be in the deal in that case.

Jozwiak would also fit into this it is well reported he is aiming to be in the Euro 2020 squad for Poland.

Adil Rami. 

I'm not even sure how to address this one. He's struggling to get a game in Turkey, mainly being used for the cup games and left unused on the bench. No doubt he's had a good career, but no idea what level he's at and would demand big wages. 

I'd personally prefer us to sign players punching up in their career. 

Archived