Adil Rami.

Rev

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

The reason this would be a good signing is if he genuinely has a chance of playing at the Euros. If we truly want to make a play for promotion this season, then internationals willing to bust a get to make sure they get picked for the summer are excellent additions.

Under Rowett we had the oldest team in all four divisions but clearly now we have a major focus on youth, so I don't mind blending that with World Cup winning experience. Rooney hasn't done that. In fact at his three finals he's only scored one more goal than me.

Worth considering. If it's Benkovic instead that's fine but I'd like the future option to be in the deal in that case.

Doubt it, he announced his retirement from national team after winning the WC. He did not play a single minute either. Deschamp finally called up Laporte who should really have gone to Russia instead of Rami.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Is this the first Derby-related transfer exclusive to come from The Athletic?

Risky business and I don't understand why they jump in this pointless ITK lark. In the world of fake news and disinformation, there would be place for high quality journalism. Why not wait does the move happen or not and write something meaningful it it happens?

You don't have to be a ITK to know that so many things can go wrong from club's interest to concluding the deal. And even if they would be correct with the interest, there's a lot of people bollocking them if the move don't materialise. 

Pointless and stupid behaviour IMO.

7 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Risky business and I don't understand why they jump in this pointless ITK lark. In the world of fake news and disinformation, there would be place for high quality journalism. Why not wait does the move happen or not and write something meaningful it it happens?

You don't have to be a ITK to know that so many things can go wrong from club's interest to concluding the deal. And even if they would be correct with the interest, there's a lot of people bollocking them if the move don't materialise. 

Pointless and stupid behaviour IMO.

As I understand it the writers for the Athletic are paid based on how many subs they can bring to the publication. It's why so many journos with decent sized followings jumped ship when they started up. It stands to reason that the ones with smaller audiences might end up resorting to the less reputable style of reporting to try and boost their numbers.

23 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

As I understand it the writers for the Athletic are paid based on how many subs they can bring to the publication. It's why so many journos with decent sized followings jumped ship when they started up. It stands to reason that the ones with smaller audiences might end up resorting to the less reputable style of reporting to try and boost their numbers.

Yes, yes, yes but when are we signing him?

Archived