Kamil Jóźwiak - Signed 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

I’m not sure he will be forced to live with all the other Eastern Europeans in Normanton. He will end up in either Heatherton or Belper-way. 

He'll join the international jet-set in Duffield. We already have Beilek, De Weirk & Keogh living here.

5 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

It’s difficult.

We acted on principle and told Exeter to duck themselves when they tried to play dirty with Ollie Watkins, and he’s now been sold for £30 million. It probably would have been worth abandoning our moral stance with that one.

However, there are obviously no guarantees that Jowziak will be anywhere near as much of a success as Watkins was. 

You’re right .. but wouldn’t it be just great if he turned out to be that dream winger who gets 10-12 a season and provides another 20 .. ? I am a dreamer and I know we don’t play 442 .... but one of the most joyful parts of football is a truely great wide man who can beat a man with twinkling feet,  cut in OR go the byeline with equal ease, interact/pair up with his own full back and knows how and when to shoot. 

For me it's a simple call. If a fee has been agreed in principle and Lech have really stuck another 20% on the asking price, we tell them where to go. We offered £3m, they wanted £4m. We relented and met their price, now they want £5m. Tell them to jog on and get Murphy instead. 

These types of thing can only be assessed in the moment. I got taken to task for adamantly insisting we should buy Watkins. Had I known Exeter had nigh on tripled the asking price simply because Derby came knocking, I'd have had a very different attitude. We simply cannot allow clubs to hold us to ransom. We allocate a budget for a player that is considered and reasonable, we make our approach, if it's not enough we simply move on to the next of the 1,000 players we've scouted. We're only just now dropping the image of a club who are a soft touch in the transfer market and we should not be risking a return to the bad old days over Jozwiak. 

Trouble is with all these rag click baiting sites posting whatever drivel they feel like no one really knows the reality apart from those involved in negotiations.. Same as the sheffield rag quoting 7m...based on nothing but doesn't stop them posting it.. 

I do take slight exception to the comments about the posters whom are saying pay extra for him being the same ones as criticising the club for lavish overspending.

If we're being asked to pay double the original agreed fee then yes time to walk away but an extra million on a £3 million price tag? Can we really differentiate or place or absolute metric on a player's worth by that fine a margin? 

The money we wasted on players like Johnson and Butterfield, the performances they produced were of an order of magnitude lower then their price tag and were nowhere near being able to justify the money squandered on them never mind argue about whether Johnson was a 5 million instead of 6 million pound player.

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I do take slight exception to the comments about the posters whom are saying pay extra for him being the same ones as criticising the club for lavish overspending.

If we're being asked to pay double the original agreed fee then yes time to walk away but an extra million on a £3 million price tag? Can we really differentiate or place or absolute metric on a player's worth by that fine a margin? 

The money we wasted on players like Johnson and Butterfield, the performances they produced were of an order of magnitude lower then their price tag and were nowhere near being able to justify the money squandered on them never mind argue about whether Johnson was a 5 million instead of 6 million pound player.

You're absolutely right, but if we do pay the extra million and he's another Zoon or Cámara then they'll get the same stick. We really do have to trust the people making the decisions. Pay or move on, they will be best placed to know.

Archived